PDA

View Full Version : Jump menu's keep breaking

SsapS
06-27-2011, 08:01 PM
Not quite sure why. I used the Studio 7 plugin to make these.

When I first made them they worked for about a day (published as well).

I seem to be able to change them from being a list or a menu back and forth, and sometimes I can get it to work again. I made a new jump menu to test this theory and the code is exactly the same.

Any suggestions?

<form name="form3" id="form3">
<div align="center">
<select name="Scan_Tools" ondblclick="P7_JumpMenu(this,0)">
<option value="Products/Scan Tools/Autologic.html~window:Main" selected="selected">Autologic</option>
<option value="Products/Scan Tools/BMW GT1.html~window:Main">BMW GT-1</option>
<option value="Products/Scan Tools/DOL.html~window:Main">Diagnostics Online</option>
<option value="Products/Scan Tools/FordVCM.html~window:Main">Ford VCM</option>
<option value="Products/Scan Tools/icom.html~window:Main">BMW ICOM</option>
<option value="Products/Scan Tools/iScanII.html~window:Main">iScanII</option>
<option value="Products/Scan Tools/MBC3Star.html~window:Main">Mercedes C3 Star</option>
<option value="Products/Scan Tools/Techstream.html~window:Main">Techstream Lite</option>
<option value="Products/Scan Tools/VAGCOM.html~window:Main">VAG-COM</option>
<option value="Products/Scan Tools/VeDiSII.html~window:Main">VeDiS II</option>
<option value="Products/Scan Tools/VolvDICE.html~window:Main">Volvo DiCE</option>
<option value="Products/Scan Tools/Winstar.html~window:Main">Winstar</option>
</select>
<input type="button" name="Button1" value="Go" onclick="P7_JumpMenuGo('Scan_Tools',0)" />
</div>
</form>

DWcourse
06-27-2011, 10:57 PM
Can you give us a link to the page online?

SsapS
06-28-2011, 04:25 PM
eh I have no idea whats going on with the site atm...

If you go to http://www.autodiagcartdev.com, you have to then click "home" and it fixes all the broken links. Still trying to figure that one out because all my pages are pointed at a template besides the middle content.

Then it is under the product tab:confused:

SsapS
06-28-2011, 04:34 PM
edit: nm sites fixed http://autodiagcartdev.com/SiteRoot/Products.html

DWcourse
06-28-2011, 04:54 PM
To start with the Home link on your pages points to Index.html with anuppercase I. It should be index.html with a lowercase i.

SsapS
06-28-2011, 07:46 PM
Ah yes seems to be a side effect of what I did earlier.

Any thoughts on the jump menus?

SsapS
06-29-2011, 08:46 PM
bump, still stuck on this ;(

SsapS
06-29-2011, 09:13 PM
bump im still stuck :confused:

DWcourse
06-30-2011, 12:05 AM
1. Isn't there some Javascript that goes with this?

2. It's a P7 product so why don't you ask them for support?

3. You can build a Jump Menu directly in Dreamweaver: Insert>Form>Jump Menu

SsapS
06-30-2011, 07:57 PM
1. If there is, i'm sure dreamweaver and/or the s7 addon does this for you ? Besides the links HAVE worked before, its only after a day or so that they break.

2. I'm already on their forums with this as well. Also its a free product and it really, from what I've seen, does the exact same thing as dreamweaver eh.

3.I've done this with the same result

DWcourse
06-30-2011, 08:42 PM
1. If there is, i'm sure dreamweaver and/or the s7 addon does this for you ? Besides the links HAVE worked before, its only after a day or so that they break.

Well the javascript would have to be somewhere and I don't see it in your page or linked to.

But, if the menus work and then stop working it's something that you are doing or something happening on your server. Code doesn't "spoil" after a few days.

If you can create a separate page with the menus working (however briefly) then perhaps we can compare it to the broken page and tell you what's happening.

SaveMyi
07-01-2011, 07:40 AM
I tried clicking your home button and it tells me that the page "index.html" doesn't exist... Also, your in Colorado? Cool man, me too! (sorry my post isn't much help)