PDA

View Full Version : Openning Page

MasaD
06-24-2011, 01:21 AM
I know you hear this a thousand times "HELP". But it seems I really need some help. I'm creating my first web site and what I want it to do is open with a swf file then fade into the home page. I guess like a popup but not because most people have popup turned off. The code is out their but I don't know how to fine it so I'm asking members for help.

Corrosive
06-24-2011, 06:21 AM
I believe the code you need in the last frame of your flash intro is something like;

getURL("http://www.mysite.com","_self");

(obviously replace the URL with your own)

Although I'd strongly recommend against flash intros nowadays. They harm SEO and frankly, most people will not sit through a flash intro (me included). Mo bigger turn-off than a 'splash page' for me.

MasaD
06-24-2011, 01:09 PM
I had not thought about that. The idea came from seeing a web site by Chris Rainer which was a simple name roll on into a quote then finishing into his home page. Used that as a starting point for my site that I'm designing minus the quote. That you for the advice.

Corrosive
06-24-2011, 01:16 PM
The idea came from seeing a web site by Chris Rainer which was a simple name roll on into a quote then finishing into his home page.

Nope, don't like that I'm afraid. I would have navigated away if you hadn't mentioned it and I'd found it by accident. What a load of pretentious twaddle. Basically, if you are not Tom Hanks (or insert other movie star name here) you shouldn't have your name appear in the middle of a screen! Plus I assume you are not quasi famous so even less reason for you to do it :)

Sorry, just an opinion.

MasaD
06-24-2011, 01:24 PM
OK I get it BAD IDEA!

Corrosive
06-24-2011, 01:28 PM
OK I get it BAD IDEA!

He, he. Sorry bit grumpy today. But, yep, BAD IDEA! :wink: