PDA

View Full Version : Loading SWF movie file to remote server

Michelle Carries
06-23-2011, 05:39 PM
I have been trying to load my SWF movie file to my remote server, but the video is not loading. All the other SWF files with graphics can be seen on my site, but not the video. I have two sites on two different web hosts and I'm having the same problem with both. SWF movies are not loading. Can anyone help. I have tried everything that I know. Here is the link to one of my web pages:http://www.mcarries.com/videos.html. As you can see, the skin under is loaded, but not the video. Please help.

m1a2x3x7
06-24-2011, 05:46 PM
When you imported the video in to flash did you select:

Video on your computer

or

Already deployed to a web server, Flash Video Streaming Service, or Flash Media Server

and put the URL of the video in the box?

If you did the first one make sure you upload the video to the server where you have your .swf file. Your .swf is loading it's just the video that's linked to the .swf that's not loading.

Ricky55
06-25-2011, 02:21 AM
See this all the time. Flash will take the path to the video from your hard drive rather than being relative to the swf file.

Go into Flash and select the video play back component and look at the properties panel and check the path to the video file. Change this path so its relative from your html file.

it will probably currently read c:/mydocuments/etc etc