PDA

View Full Version : cannot see adobe web gallery on active website

deborah11
06-22-2011, 11:09 PM
I can see adobe web gallery in the dreamweaver test site and it is also visible and working on adobe bridge(where the gallery was created), however, when i upload it to my url it does not work. It tells me "http://designswithoutboundaries.com/Illustration%20Web%20Gallery/Illus trationwebgalleryindex.html.
"404 error Page not found. Page as been removed, name changed or temporarily unavaible. Please try the following: if you typed the page address in the address bar click the back button in your brouser to try another link use a searcdh engine like google to for information on the internet". My path must be wrong but i don't know how to fix it. I have searched many pages on the web for help but I keep coming up empty. I, also, asked my hosting company, however, they told me they don't help with the design end and I should look for help from a design master. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You

DWcourse
06-22-2011, 11:33 PM
It's pretty simple actually. You've either:

Typed in the url of the link incorrectly
Not uploaded the page
Uploaded the page to the wrong directory

After you uploaded, were you able to see the page on the remote (left) side of your files window?

Did you define your site in Dreamweaver?

And, BTW, using spaces in file and folder names is generally a bad idea. You can usually get away with it but not always.

Finally, think about finding a new and more helpful hosting service.

gentleone
06-22-2011, 11:45 PM
Finally, think about finding a new and more helpful hosting service.
I second that :)

deborah11
06-23-2011, 05:54 PM
Thank you for your quick response, it is greatly appreciated.
The url is correct and it was uploaded correctly because it showed in my file manager. The only thing I noticed was adobe bridge saved it within a folder called: editing illustration web gallery. If I open the folder it is there but the pictures are not.
When I saved the web gallery originally in adobe bridge it comes up: pictures are not supported files... they are 72dpi jpegs.
I, also, am trying to have the gallery open up within a link on a page within my website:
Please visit: www.designswithoutboundaries.com
If you go to the illustration page and click on the navigation button "Illustration" you will see a link "illustration web gallery" this is where I was thinking of placing it. I was, also, thinking maybe to just make the navigation button bring you to the gallery. Would that be easier? and how would I do that? I think first I have to solve my first problem of the gallery not showing in the site to begin with and my images not being supporting images.
Thank You

DWcourse
06-23-2011, 07:15 PM
Well, the file isn't where the url points. So either the url is wrong or the file is in the wrong place. Can you take a screen shot of the server side of your files window when you are connected and post it here?