PDA

View Full Version : Event registration

poldenais
06-21-2011, 12:48 PM
Hi there, I have a webpage laid with details about an event my club is having.On this page I intend placing a 'Register' button, when thats clicked a small webpage will appear to register a person for this event. The form will have details like Name, Age, Location, etc.

I intend using MySql and PHP for this and I am not worrying about payment or any other details. We just want a list of people interested in our event.

Would anyone have any links or information for me that might be useful?

Thanks,
Paul

edbr
06-22-2011, 01:46 AM
you need to set up a table in data base for each event. then use a form for members to send via an insert statement so it will be added to your database.
you say small webpage . you can open a new window with javascript and set the size of your page

m1a2x3x7
06-22-2011, 08:03 PM
Are you new to PHP and MySQL? If so this won't be an easy task for you to complete. It will be a pretty big learning curve.

I would suggest starting out by checking out some of the tutorials here: http://www.dreamweaverclub.com/tutorials.php

I would also suggest finding a couple of books.

EagerNewby
07-01-2011, 06:30 AM
Sometimes the "guru's" here are more critical than help. Whatever. I think you will find David Powers book, 'Dreamweaver CS5 with PHP' which is available in print and electronic versions most usefull for setting up your database and forms. Pay particular attention to chapters 5 (setting up the database), and ch 7 (constructing the form), and ch 11 (extracting data from the database tables for redisplay).

This book comes with completed code in CD and downloadable format, that you should be able to easily adapt to your needs.

Don't listen to these guys, that more often than not put us newbys down.

You can do this! (and have fun in the process)!

edbr
07-01-2011, 06:40 AM
which of the posts did that?

Corrosive
07-01-2011, 06:44 AM
Sometimes the "guru's" here are more critical than help.

Pointing out noob errors may sound harsh and critical put we have helped thousands of new users on the path to web standards and cleanly coded websites. If there is a dose of reality needed then it is administered. I might also stress that this is a forum and not a helpdesk.