PDA

View Full Version : Moving DW Flash Video Code To A Different Website

TonySan
06-18-2011, 10:22 PM
Hi, how is everyone today? I am hoping that someone can give me a little help with a problem i am having. Itmay seem simple but I am having a hard time getting it done. :confused:

I created A .html page containing an inserted .FLV video with DW8. What I want to do is move that video and controller to another website that I am not able to edit or work on with Dreamweaver. Could someone please tell or show me all of the code that I will need to copy then paste into my new website .html page for the .flv video file and controller will work prorely there?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :smile:

Thank You,
TonySan

Corrosive
06-19-2011, 06:12 AM
Hi Tony

You may have to explain a little more. When you say I am not able to edit or work on with Dreamweaver do you mean that you have no ftp access to the website at all?

TonySan
06-19-2011, 03:10 PM
Well the index.php page that I am attempting to move the video code to can only be accecessed through a control panel on my domain. I can only edit the page with a editor attached to the paticular membership website software and script. I can however copy and paste and edit in .html. I hope this helps you to better help me. :-)

DWcourse
06-19-2011, 10:25 PM
There are likely support files such as the video player itself that you also have to move the new site.

Corrosive
06-20-2011, 05:47 AM
Hi Tony. Now if you can show us your existing code we can tell you exactly what to move. Jim is right though, you may need to put some other files in the folder structure.