PDA

View Full Version : Background image in page properties

K.Simmonds
06-17-2011, 02:53 PM
HELP ! I'm trying to design a web page in Dreamweaver using a two colour background image. I want a large white band at the top, and a tan colour right down to the bottom as far as it goes. How do I set it as a background image? I've tried doing a small one but of course it repeats it and shows up as stripes. I've enclosed an image of the effect I want that I've done in Photoshop (it's just the background image i'm interested in).

Is there a way of starting the background image some way down the page - leaving a white band above it ???

Corrosive
06-17-2011, 03:32 PM
Just make a thin slice of image with your white band and a small bit of the tan colour. Set it to repeat-x on the body tag using CSS and set the background colour on the body tag to be the tan. That should do it. If you need some guidance then check our site; www.yotocreative.co.uk view >> source and see how we have done it (css file is called globalstyles.css).

Hope that helps.

K.Simmonds
06-17-2011, 04:58 PM
Excellent ..... Thanks a lot. I just need to adjust the size (depth) of the white band. I guess that'll just be hit and miss, keep trying til I get it right.

Corrosive
06-17-2011, 05:14 PM
Shouldn't be too hard. Just measure what you need in px.

K.Simmonds
06-18-2011, 10:23 AM
Thanks again. I've been struggling with that for ages, now I'm sorted !