PDA

View Full Version : Links problem

peter.m
06-16-2011, 11:29 PM
I have a problem with my link colours. They keep defaulting to blue red and magenta. my site url is Bramston canoe club (http://www.bramstoncanoeclub.org/) I have set the page link properties to differing shade of gray. I have rebuilt the template.dwt file several times, I have checked with my host who assures me that every thing outside the public file is fine. I have built similar sites with no such problems. I'm no coding expert but all appears OK to me. I'm stumped on this one. I have a phbb3 forum a b2evolution blog and a gallery installed.

Any suggestions welcome thanks Peter

DWcourse
06-17-2011, 12:14 AM
Your page links to a CSS file on your computer hard drive:

<link href="file:///C|/Users/admin/Desktop/_Peter/bcc/public_html/arial_text.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

That will work on your computer but not online. Fix that link (it should be /arial_text.css and that should take care of it.

I don't know if this is the problem but that often happens when you don't define your site correctly.

Also, FYI, just wrapping a table in a div isn't the right way to create a layout. You need to learn to use divs and CSS-based layout in your pages.

peter.m
06-20-2011, 10:47 PM
Thanks for your help tried re-routing link, when page was initially reloaded correct colours showed for about half a second then defaulted back to blue, Have tried loading css direct to page, still the same result. Gave up in the end. It's not correct I know but I've cheated and used image rollovers.