PDA

View Full Version : LOG website

Michael1982
06-16-2011, 08:08 PM
Hi my name is mike. I am working on a website for a truck club I belong to. I would like to get some ideas on what else I can do to really make this site stand out. I am also trying to upload mpeg's to this site. I have created a tab just for video but I just can't figure it out. The name of the site is www.thelandofgiants.com thanks

Corrosive
06-17-2011, 06:02 AM
Hi Mike. What do you mean by getting the site to 'stand out'? Do you mean to do better in search engines i.e. stand out amongst other similar sites in Google (front page etc.) or to retain visitor's attention when they get there i.e. improve the design?

d a v e
06-17-2011, 06:50 AM
it might be easiest to just upload the videos to youtube then use the embed code from there to show the video on your site

incidentally your logo should be saved as a gif (jpegs for photos and complex image, gif for simple ones with areas of solid colour)

Michael1982
06-17-2011, 12:38 PM
I wasn't really wanting to do the YouTube thing. Is there any other way to go about it. And how do you put a counter on a site so you know how many people has looked at it. And do you think that lightbox would help with the images that way every time you looked at an image it wouldn't navigate you away from page.

domedia
06-17-2011, 12:55 PM
And how do you put a counter on a site so you know how many people has looked at it.
You don't. You access you server statistics which your hosting company provide you.

Corrosive
06-17-2011, 01:37 PM
And how do you put a counter on a site so you know how many people has looked at it.

Google Analytics is also worth doing IMO.

d a v e
06-17-2011, 04:39 PM
why what's wrong with the youtube thing?

basic account with vimeo??
http://vimeo.com/

domedia
06-17-2011, 08:01 PM
I agree, Youtube is huge :) Some of the biggest brands in the world use youtube. It's the most popular video platform on the face of the earth! lol 8)