PDA

View Full Version : Opening IE in Dreamweaver

shanafeg
06-16-2011, 07:40 PM
I've been using Dreamweaver for about a week, now. When I want to see what a page looks like in an actual browser, Firefox opens in a full-screen window; but Internet Explorer 8 insists on opening in a restored-down window so I have to maximize it to see the full page. Is there a way to get IE to load from Dreamweaver maximized to begin with like Firefox?

jmichae3
06-28-2011, 06:02 AM
I've been using Dreamweaver for about a week, now. When I want to see what a page looks like in an actual browser, Firefox opens in a full-screen window; but Internet Explorer 8 insists on opening in a restored-down window so I have to maximize it to see the full page. Is there a way to get IE to load from Dreamweaver maximized to begin with like Firefox?

what you probably did was edit your preferences's browser list so that IE was pointing to a SHORTCUT instead of to the actual program itself in c:\program files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe (your actual program files may vary due to 64-bit, mine is 32-bit)

all your browsers are going to be somewhere under c:\program files\whatever\

mine are:

C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files\Opera\opera.exe
C:\Program Files\Safari\Safari.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Jim Michaels\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe

shanafeg
06-28-2011, 07:42 PM
Nope, it points to the program just as in your example. IE opens as a full window if called from the main Windows page, but as a reduced window from within DW.

domedia
06-28-2011, 09:09 PM
It will just open the link right?

In that case DW doesn't control the size of the window.

jmichae3
06-30-2011, 01:06 AM
hmm. it's not like you can put in parameters or anything to minimize it. this is probably stupid, but what about clicking the - button to remove it and then the + button to re-add? maybe the shortcut got corrupted.

when was the last time you checked your filesystem for errors?
you should do this once a month or two, but especially after hitting reset or powering off when you shouldn't (or are forced to).

I've seen dw do strange things when the filesystem is not in good condition. like any program...

http://jesusnjim.com/pc-repair/repair-filesystem.html