PDA

View Full Version : Please help am New to webdesign

emygold
06-15-2011, 01:32 PM
Hello everyone,
Am delighted to be here to learn from the feet of the masters.
I have a challenge on how to configure form to email on my webform... So when visitors request or submit information via our contact form, then the visitors details will then be sent to a specified email address.

I will be happy to have a good reply...

Best Regards,
Emygold

Corrosive
06-15-2011, 04:50 PM
Try this; http://www.dreamweaverclub.com/dreamweaver-php-form.php

SaveMyi
06-16-2011, 01:27 AM
I have used DreamWeaverTutorial on youtube.com. He explains everything so well and I really enjoy his videos. He has on specifically on the email/ support request form. Hope that helps! :)

emygold
06-18-2011, 05:27 AM
Try this; http://www.dreamweaverclub.com/dreamweaver-php-form.php

Hello friend (Corrosive),
Thanks for your post. I followed the step by step outlined in the information but it didn't work properly.
Please do i need to embed the sendresults script inside the contact us page source code? What do i save the contact us page as html or php?

And do i need to create a thank you page and embed it into the sendresults script or do i redirect to another page on my website?

Please help me with a full detailed information, am new to web design. I can code html very well....

I appreciate all your supports and anticipate your more supports...

Best Regards,
Emygold....

emygold
06-22-2011, 04:23 PM
Hello friend,
Thanks for that script, after spending over ours researching online to fix the problem, i got an information that your script is ok but the configuration was incorrect on the step 3 where you directed i put the Action=www.mydomainname.com/sendresults.php. After many trial, i decided to remove the www.mydomainname.com and input only sendresults.php and bravo it worked..

Thank you again and this great forum... Am gonna tell the whole world about you. Keep you good deeds.

Best Regards,
Emygold.

Corrosive
06-22-2011, 04:29 PM
Yes, both would have worked if you'd replaced www.mydomainname.com with your actual domain! But glad you got it sorted :)

domedia
06-22-2011, 06:01 PM
That's a little hilarious btw 8)

DWcourse
06-22-2011, 06:15 PM
It's actually an issue I run into with students fairly regularly. I always have to add a note:

Be sure to replace mydomainname.com with the domain name fo your site

And some people still miss it.

Corrosive
06-23-2011, 06:04 AM
That's a little hilarious btw 8)

I managed to stifle the laughter ;-)