PDA

View Full Version : Unwanted <br />s on a Blogger page...

FethrdWlf
06-14-2011, 05:50 PM
I'm currently running a blog via Google Blogger (it's a bit easier to manage while I learn more about PHP and MySQL). On the "My Youtube Page (http://fethrdwlf.blogspot.com/p/my-youtubes.html)" page of it, I have set up a rather laborious way of adding a nice effect to the page. When you click on a link for a video, it changes the style of the video from "display: none;" to "display: block;". That actually works out pretty well, and the manual changing of about 10 different areas in the code I can deal with. However, whenever I save/publish the page, new lines in the code are interpreted as <br />s. I do not want that. If you look at the page (link above) you'll see how there is a blank line between the title/link and the video. Then, once you close the video, the blank line stays, which takes up some space and makes the page look inconsistent.

Is there some sort of a script out there that will search for the <br />s and delete them? Or perhaps replace them with blank strings?

Thank you in advance!

DWcourse
06-14-2011, 06:16 PM
I'm not familiar with blogger but it sounds like the editing interface automatically adds the <br /> so I doubt if there's a way to strip it on that platform. Your best bet might be to just delete the returns in your code. It's a bit confusing to read but it should work fine.

FethrdWlf
06-14-2011, 08:20 PM
I'm not familiar with blogger but it sounds like the editing interface automatically adds the <br /> so I doubt if there's a way to strip it on that platform. Your best bet might be to just delete the returns in your code. It's a bit confusing to read but it should work fine.

Yeah, it would work. That's how I've been doing it :). The only problem is once I add something else to the code, it brings all of the <br />s back. Oh well!