PDA

View Full Version : Header And Footer Won't Align Correctly

uneek78
06-10-2011, 07:33 PM
Okay, I'm at the edge of my desperate rope. I can't get the header/footer to align with the main body of my webpage in Dreamweaver CS5. I've evened up the header/footer with the main body of the webpage ('container' as it's worded in the dreamweaver index.css). But when I open Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, or Firefox it's off alignment. It's off by a mile too!!! It's crazy. Shouldn't this expensive software be able to figure out that I'm making a webpage that I want to work in multiple browsers. And why is the header/footer even in dreamweaver, but uneven in the browsers? This defeats the purpose of having a design side if it's not going to be accurate.

I'd pull out my hair if I had any!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :confused: :( :confused: :???:

uneek78
06-10-2011, 08:10 PM
My last upload may be cached in my browser. Still trying to see if that's the issue. Re-uploading website.

domedia
06-10-2011, 08:10 PM
Yikes, careful about the hair :)

There's good help to get here if you want to show us.

gentleone
06-10-2011, 09:53 PM
Shouldn't this expensive software be able to figure out that I'm making a webpage that I want to work in multiple browsers. And why is the header/footer even in dreamweaver, but uneven in the browsers? This defeats the purpose of having a design side if it's not going to be accurate.
If you're willing to learn the theory behind HTML & CSS then you'd probably have less stress about your bloody page then you'd have now. If you want to keep rely on the WYSIWYG from DW then you have to know at least what you're doing. Did you ever read a tutorial about HTML & CSS? Oh... and btw you build websites for browsers and not for DW design view.
So show us some code or link and we might guide you into the right direction.