PDA

View Full Version : How to update a website useing a...

SeanHall413
06-09-2011, 04:03 PM
OK my site is different from others because one part is online and the other is offline, Why? Because my site is for school gaming so people who want to play it download it and play in school, but people keep asking me how to update it, so I have been updating it for them, so here is the question, How can I make it so that there is a button on the homepage which searches my documents for a certain file name and the extracts the zip file into the main area were the site is located, I know it is hard thing to do and maybe is impossible but I thought I might as well ask!

domedia
06-09-2011, 06:25 PM
Totally doable if you know PHP :)

It includes searching a database and then have PHP tar/zip the results for download.

gentleone
06-09-2011, 06:30 PM
SeanHall413, if you get impatient don't double post. I've deleted your other thread in this board. Titles named 'HELP!!!' will also not increase your popularity, so just wait until someone is willing to reply.

domedia
06-09-2011, 07:15 PM
SeanHall413, if you get impatient don't double post. I've deleted your other thread in this board. Titles named 'HELP!!!' will also not increase your popularity, so just wait until someone is willing to reply.
More here:
http://www.dreamweaverclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23515