PDA

View Full Version : Help optimizing my site

shogun rua
06-05-2011, 12:32 PM
Hi Guy,

Ricky555 just done a great site for me, can anybody give me any tips on how to optimize it better?

www.pwtile.co.uk

Cheers

Paul

johnMoss
06-06-2011, 10:43 PM
Ricky555 just done a great site for me, can anybody give me any tips on how to optimize it better?

Yes, keep'm on the payroll & get him the information he asks for.

Your site scored a 33.5 WooRank analysis, which is pretty darn good for a brand new site. The next very big thing you could do to dramatically affect your search engine position is backlinks, or links to your site from other sites. Read up on that or call Rick & he'll explain it. There are additional things you can do but for the moment that's at the top of the list for organic positioning...

shogun rua
06-06-2011, 10:47 PM
Yes, keep'm on the payroll & get him the information he asks for.

Your site scored a 33.5 WooRank analysis, which is pretty darn good for a brand new site. The next very big thing you could do to dramatically affect your search engine position is backlinks, or links to your site from other sites. Read up on that or call Rick & he'll explain it. There are additional things you can do but for the moment that's at the top of the list for organic positioning...

Ho John,

Thanks for the advice ive done those things as Rick advised, anything else you can suggest?
Ohh and hes still on the payroll lol

Cheers

Paul

johnMoss
06-07-2011, 01:42 AM
Plug your URL into the box on this site, and you'll learn lots about the process. But don't fret too much about what you see. Lotsa work involved; & beyond that some things take time, some take luck, & others most likely you just can't do, but it'll put you on the path toward your goal. In the end, getting visitors to your site is most important of all, & that means promotion. G' Luck! :)
www.woorank.com

shogun rua
06-07-2011, 08:12 PM
Hi John,

Thanks again, Richard has been helping me get somethings sorted
is there anything else on woorank you can see that maybe a quickfix for me?
Got it upto 40.9

http://www.woorank.com/en/www/pwtile.co.uk

Cheers

Paul

Plug your URL into the box on this site, and you'll learn lots about the process. But don't fret too much about what you see. Lotsa work involved; & beyond that some things take time, some take luck, & others most likely you just can't do, but it'll put you on the path toward your goal. In the end, getting visitors to your site is most important of all, & that means promotion. G' Luck! :)
www.woorank.com (http://www.woorank.com)

johnMoss
06-07-2011, 08:24 PM
You can continue in on items as you have found on WooRank, but you have covered all the big ones. Getting a .org backlink would be a big plus, but I don't know that you can submit a wikipedia article about your company. If you've done any work for a govermental agency, you could ask their webmaster for one, etc. With a score of over 40, and especially this new, you have already got an exceptional standing. Key now is visitors, and time. Promoting your site through advertising would be a good next step. You familiar with the best ways of doing that? Also, you oughta run your competitors site through the woorank, I'd be surprised if you weren't in the top 2 or 3 already...

shogun rua
06-07-2011, 08:29 PM
Hi John,

Thanks again for the help do you mean leaflets drops with my site on it?
Does the site ranking get high the more people click? and does it need to be Unique visitors?

Cheers

Paul

Promoting your site through advertising would be a good next step. You familiar with the best ways of doing that?

johnMoss
06-07-2011, 08:36 PM
Yes, yes, and yes... shaved legs standing on a street corner, whatever it takes.... kidding... sorta... A good point to make is site visitation is forever tallied, so the more visitors, the more relevant you become to the search in question, the better as time goes on. And fresh material helps as well. Site updates with new imagery, anything really, bottom line.. new is good. Don't have to go crazy with it, but updates, and especially new test copy, i.e. more, is a good thing.

shogun rua
06-07-2011, 08:39 PM
thanks John, whats new test copy?

johnMoss
06-07-2011, 08:39 PM
Truth be told, you're best advert resource is anything that will move you up the search engine results list. Do a search for service as you provide in your area & see how you fare. Remember your site is very new, so don't expect much, but with PPC you're wherever you want to be based on how much you're willing to spend, immediately. Also an excellent way to get indexed & organically placed by Google in a hurry...

johnMoss
06-07-2011, 08:40 PM
sorry, meant to say text...

Dorian
06-08-2011, 07:59 AM
Good that you are going for optimizing the website. Make sure that your site description has right key words used during searching.Search in the internet for SEO companies and take their help and advise.

shogun rua
06-13-2011, 12:51 PM
Hi,

Thanks for a the help so far, can anybody tell me if google rank you higher if your site is clicked more? and does it need to be click from different users?

Cheers

Paul

domedia
06-13-2011, 01:51 PM
Thanks for a the help so far, can anybody tell me if google rank you higher if your site is clicked more? and does it need to be click from different users?l Not to my knowledge. You'd see Chinese 'clicking farms' sprout up everywhere ;-)

shogun rua
06-13-2011, 02:19 PM
Not to my knowledge. You'd see Chinese 'clicking farms' sprout up everywhere ;-)

Youve lost me mate

shogun rua
06-13-2011, 02:21 PM
ahh i see what you mean lol

so to the original questions does it rank higher for clicks and do they need to be from different users?

domedia
06-13-2011, 03:20 PM
ahh i see what you mean lol

so to the original questions does it rank higher for clicks and do they need to be from different users?

I was trying to say 'no' in a humorous way :)
'No' as in it does not help.

DWcourse
06-13-2011, 04:11 PM
Thanks for a the help so far, can anybody tell me if google rank you higher if your site is clicked more? and does it need to be click from different users?

Actually there is some indication that Google does measure if your link is clicked on in the SERPs but it's deeper than that. It also measures time spent on the page after the click and if the user returns and clicks another site. So a bunch of clicks where the user doesn't stay on the page could actually hurt you. Also, a bunch of clicks from one user, location, IP address or even block of IPs would be easily detected as well and likely cause you issues.

In other words, find a more productive way to spend your time.

domedia
06-13-2011, 06:27 PM
Personal Search is not exactly SEO, unless you're optimizing the page for yourself ;)