PDA

View Full Version : I would like to replace

nwcountry
06-01-2011, 07:15 PM
buttons that are already in place with the 2 column, liquid, header footer layout in Dreamweaver CS5.

I have made my own "glass" buttons and they are each a separate button, Home, Portfolio, Shop and Contact.

Can someone help me with this because the site wizard doesn't go into modifying or customizing other than color etc. I gotta have some eye candy for my site and these buttons I made in fireworks turned out great:)

Thanks, Denise
tocatchamiracle.com

DWcourse
06-01-2011, 08:41 PM
Totally confused? Are you using Dreamweaver? What is the "site wizard" you are referring to?

If you're trying to replace the links in a built in layout from DW then all you need to do is delete them and insert the Fireworks code.

nwcountry
06-01-2011, 08:49 PM
That's easy. I am learning but boy am I a slow learner. thesitewizard.com is a pretty good tutorial that gives you an excellent basic foundation to build fancier bells & whistles on. I am way not there though so want to stick to basic stuff. I have a tendancy to jump ahead, therefore missing an important step and that's why I have had to start from scratch;) Live and learn, hopefully, from my mistakes. Ok, I am going to do it just like I did before, delete and put in my own. Just double checking since there are no instructions on taking out their premades and putting in my fancy ones. Ok, said I wasn't going to do that yet but I GOTTA GET ME SOME OF THOSE BUTTONS;) Thank you by the way, I appreciate the time you guys to help us newcomers. Denise

DWcourse
06-01-2011, 10:15 PM
You're going to find yourself having no end of problems and not really being able to understand the answers if you don't start with the basics: learning and understanding HTML and CSS (which is what it all boils down to) and, if you choose to use it, the basics of Dreamweaver.

nwcountry
06-01-2011, 10:18 PM
I understand, thank you much:)

tcampbell
06-11-2011, 03:44 PM
I think this could be achieve through the basic settings you could set on html and css. CSS is really powerful as you can set the standard layout and how things would be displayed on your web page. Though if you are not that comfortable about it, you can always do them manually, which is indeed a tedious task. This could be easily achieved with dreamweaver, I believe.