PDA

View Full Version : drop down menu help

aadil7
05-31-2011, 11:21 PM
hi everyone
i am learning how to use dreamweaver and so far for someone that doesn't know much about creating web pages and using dreamweaver i believe i have made good progress

i have just got stuck on drop down menu's
i had downloaded a pre-made framework from http://www.lwis.net/free-css-drop-down-menu/
what the problem is, is that i do not know how to include it in my website
on the site it says i will need to change class names but i do not know anything i am doing here!

this seems pretty basic so im sorry for wasting time
thank you

johnMoss
06-01-2011, 03:22 PM
What do you have up & running already? Got a link?

aadil7
06-02-2011, 07:53 PM
well i do not have the site up on the internet as of yet im just developing and learning all the skills i need
if there is a way of showing you i would but unfortunately you will have to teach me on what to do.

i just want to get the menus working though with the drop down so people can view further

domedia
06-02-2011, 09:16 PM
what the problem is, is that i do not know how to include it in my website
on the site it says i will need to change class names but i do not know anything i am doing here!

It sounds like you answered your own question :-)

I would start with some tutorials, books etc and learn the basic web technologies, HTML and CSS. There's a skillset required for everything, and there's no way around learning how to walk before you run.

DWcourse
06-02-2011, 09:57 PM
There's a skillset required for everything, and there's no way around learning how to walk before you run.

That's the unfortunate reality. Sadly too many people try to start out with the bells as whistles before they have a grasp of good old static HTML and CSS. They get discouraged and give up because the web is "too hard." It's not too hard but it does take time (and a bit of patience).

aadil7
06-04-2011, 02:32 PM
i understand the coding and everything and i have some kind of history with computers and programming and so. its just that when it came to this i was a little baffled and didnt know what was what

i mean if i cant get instant help then ill just have to figure something out

thanks anyway