PDA

View Full Version : Flip Book Code

nwcountry
05-31-2011, 02:35 PM
I have some code for a tiny flipbook and am confused about this part and where exactly it is to be inserted in my code:

<body onload="ImageBook()">

It says to put it "within" the body code itself(<body>).

The "body" in my code is actually the far right and left of my 2
column, liquid layout in DW CS5. Can someone tell me where to
put this? I know what you are thinking:mrgreen::lol:

johnMoss
05-31-2011, 03:46 PM
To make things simple, find the <body> tag in your page and simply insert the code on the next line below it...

johnMoss
05-31-2011, 03:47 PM
oops.... wrong! Insert it inside the body tag just like it says...

johnMoss
05-31-2011, 03:48 PM
Use code view, you'll see the tag...

nwcountry
05-31-2011, 03:52 PM
is the tag in my site code or within the editable part of the flipbook code John? It does not look like this<body> does it? I see </body> but not <body>. Thanks again for your time helping me figure this out:) It should go <body> then after content</body> closing tag right?

johnMoss
05-31-2011, 03:58 PM
Keep in mind you're going to be learning things as you go that will make you feel dumb as you move along... We all start somewhere so don't fret... If they'll put with me they'll put up with anybody :)...

Keep looking for that body tag... If you genuinely don't have one, then make one, it got deleted somehow... Look for </head>, which is the closing parameter for script declarations. Insert
<body onload="ImageBook()">

right after it... You're good to go...

nwcountry
05-31-2011, 04:04 PM
you are very kind and it's greatly appreciated. I think I accidently deleted it when I was searching for it. I went to edit and chose "find next" and that didn't show me where to type in <body> so I used find and replace. :oops:Oops, I was hoping that wasn't the case but when you mentioned it, I am sure it is.

ty again, Denise

johnMoss
05-31-2011, 04:10 PM
Nonetheless, be sure and place it just below the closing head tag. Tonight, for light reading you should go on the net and find some basic html info. Yes it's a good idea to break down and get a book, but as you're in the middle of your project, a bare minimum of understanding will help dramatically... things will make much more sense in a hurry :)

nwcountry
05-31-2011, 04:14 PM
Anything that won't put me to sleep and I do struggle when I don't read the instructions. If you have a suggestion or link, I would take your advice on that as well. ty JohnMoss, denise

Nonetheless, be sure and place it just below the closing head tag. Tonight, for light reading you should go on the net and find some basic html info. Yes it's a good idea to break down and get a book, but as you're in the middle of your project, a bare minimum of understanding will help dramatically... things will make much more sense in a hurry :)

nwcountry
05-31-2011, 04:37 PM
Oh geez, this is in code view John:

<!-- TemplateBeginEditable name="head" -->
<!-- TemplateEndEditable -->
</head><body>

<body onload="MM_preloadImages('../images/overstatehome.png','../images/overstatemystory.png','../images/overstateportfolio.png','../images/overstatecontactme.png')">
<pre align="left">&nbsp;</pre>

I typed in <body> and then I could not put in the tiny code. I am in my .dwt because same thing happens on index.html where I want my slideshow. Is this because I am trying to enter code in an uneditable region? I should be working in my .html homepage right, not the template. Only the template if it effects all pages right?

denise

johnMoss
05-31-2011, 04:46 PM
Well you of course see that line where it says 'end editable'. Lemme ask a quick question; How many pages is this site going to have? If just a few, I'd bypass the template altogether. It's sole purpose is to simplify site-wide changes and is very handy. Except where you are trying to modify scripted elements on a single page such as you are doing. Bottom line is you need that code and as it stands by what you've shown, your entire page is subject to the template master. If your book is on every page outside of index, no problem, change your template's opening body tag code. If not, you either need a separate template page, or simply bypass the use of template altogether for this page.