PDA

View Full Version : Editable Region duplicate

nwcountry
05-31-2011, 02:30 PM
Somehow I ended up with 2 of the same editable regions, content regions. Now my template won't allow me to edit it until I delete one. I cannot find how to do that. Does anyone know how that can be fixed? :roll:

Thanks and good morning to anyone who is up with the birds like me;)

johnMoss
05-31-2011, 02:40 PM
?? You're working inside the actual template page right?

nwcountry
05-31-2011, 02:42 PM
Thank you for responding:) Denise

johnMoss
05-31-2011, 02:44 PM
Well, I'm a tad confused, so question; Are you working in code view such that you can see your html? Is it 'grayed out' or in black?

johnMoss
05-31-2011, 02:45 PM
Point being you should be able to just highlight it and delete it...

nwcountry
05-31-2011, 02:47 PM
I just felt I needed to ask before doing that. The reason is, there so many things in Dreamweaver that it seems so logical to do but there are actually 10 steps to take instead of just delete;)

So, I'll go into the code and delete it, that I can do:) Thanks so much, denise:mrgreen:

Point being you should be able to just highlight it and delete it...

johnMoss
05-31-2011, 03:04 PM
You're welcome, and here's two thoughts:
1) If you're uncertain as to your own skills and perhaps get concerned that you may get too deep into jacking with things to a point where you might forget how to get back to where you were to start with, then right now, close out your files and create a zip file of the master directory, which will have everything in it. (Mouse, right click, Send to, compressed (zipped) folder). At which point you would now have a copy to fall back on.
2) While working along, remember good 'ol 'control Z'.... You can undo changes a long way back with that....

nwcountry
05-31-2011, 03:09 PM
Funny I was just reading about backing up files for your site:) Very good advice and welcome advice. Will do. What do you think of some of the "free" storage sites for regular backup?

Thanks again JohnMoss:)