PDA

View Full Version : Article auto update like wordpress

dream2011
05-28-2011, 10:45 AM
Hi,

Is there a way to have articles auto updated on right side bar like wordpress ?

I am using already my own template but I have to rewrite all the time new articles on the side bar and updated all pages.

Also is there a way to have social like twitter and facebook auto including the name of the page ?

Thanks a lot.

David.
:grin:

Corrosive
05-28-2011, 11:15 AM
Hi David

You should be able to achieve this with your Template. Make the side-menu a non editable region and then just add a link in the template every time a new article goes in.

Having said that though, if you are publishing a lot then a CMS (like Wordpress) is worth its weight in gold.

dream2011
05-28-2011, 11:47 AM
This what I do, I have an editable region for the article on the right as well
but I have to resume the two line of the article and link all the time to the new page.

I was wondering if there is other way to do this and have such function like wordpress.

I expect to publish on this web every week at first. I am developper but to tell you the truth I have never used wordpress. But it's look like it begin difficult to publish a lot with going on this way.

I am wondering how online magazine do and choose for managing content...

Corrosive
05-28-2011, 12:44 PM
Wordpress isn't hard to set up and you'd be surprised how many online magazines use it as a basis for publishing. I really do think a CMS is the answer if you are publishing a lot.

dream2011
05-28-2011, 01:07 PM
Thanks you your king answer.

For SEO reason I always have used dreamwaver. But now with it hard to manage all my websites.

Thanks to be clear, often developper don't like to sdy wordpress is maybe the best answer for online magazine.

I personaly have no experience about wordpress but i know it's easier to manage especially with integrated social network.

The think is often the design is quite poor in wordpre4ss. I saw there is some extension to download in cs4 to modified wordpress template. CS5 I think to it directly. I may try this way.

Corrosive
05-28-2011, 01:12 PM
I agree that some Wordpress sites can look a bit bad. We use ModX CMS for most websites and you can start with your Dreamweaver code as it is. Google it and see what you think. Our site uses ModX as well; http://www.yotocreative.co.uk/

dream2011
05-28-2011, 01:51 PM
Nice and clear site.

Heard about and don't have knowledge about CMS.
The thing is wordpress auto rss and it a great help also.

Corrosive
05-28-2011, 02:04 PM
Thanks.

You can create RSS using any CMS.