PDA

View Full Version : help for newbie

craftypixel
05-24-2011, 01:35 PM
Just a little advice on css pls, i have a created a new css style and named it "list", the colour of the font is set to #807e7e. When i upload the saved page to my server, the list is there but the text is black, ive tried creating a new class, id and tag and applying the settings, but nothing seems to change the text colour even though its set in the rule definitions?

Im sure its very simple but Im stumped ?

gentleone
05-24-2011, 01:47 PM
link or code please!

domedia
05-24-2011, 03:13 PM
Just a little advice on css pls, i have a created a new css style and named it "list", the colour of the font is set to #807e7e. When i upload the saved page to my server, the list is there but the text is black, ive tried creating a new class, id and tag and applying the settings, but nothing seems to change the text colour even though its set in the rule definitions?

Im sure its very simple but Im stumped ?

Depending on your browser, use the their tool and highlight the element. It will then tell you which CSS rule is making it black.

If you want us to look at it, you have to provide a link like mentioned.

craftypixel
05-30-2011, 07:04 PM
Hi
The link is www.craftypixel.co.uk/takeaway.html
Thanks

d a v e
05-30-2011, 07:09 PM
ul {color:#807e7e;}

i didn't find #807e7e in your css - where is it?

craftypixel
05-30-2011, 08:29 PM
The colour is set in the bullets css properties, im not sure why?

mangofreak
05-30-2011, 09:15 PM
can't see it either :|
Anyways, as Dave suggest apply the css style to the <ul> not the <li>

and remove the bullet class

craftypixel
05-30-2011, 10:00 PM
Ah this has got my head in bits, ive tried all of the above and still no joy.....

mangofreak
05-30-2011, 10:42 PM
<ul class="list">
<li>Delivery area selection by postcode, we input only the areas you deliver to.<br />
<br />
</li>
<li>Customers can opt to select a delivery slot time<br />
<br />
</li>
<li> Email capture of clients to allow future marketing and promotions<br />
<br />
</li>
<li>Business intelligence gathering to analyse stock usage<br />
<br />
</li>
<li>Orders received via touch screen system and/or printed to ticket printer<br />
<br />
</li>
<li>Once order is received and accepted by your staff, the customer is
automatically informed via sms or email<br />
<br />
</li>
<li>By utilising a very flexible secure administration system, it is very easy to add new and edit existing menu items, it will also allow the addition of deals and special offers such as 2 for 1 etc.<br />
<br />
</li>
<li>Delivery charge added automatically depending on postcode selected<br />
<br />
</li>
<li>Customer has option of adding special instruction such as &quot;extra chilli and garlic&quot;<br />
<br />
</li>
<li>Pre order option when closed.<br />
<br />
</li>
<li>Future option to order from a customised iphone app<br />
<br />
</li>
<li>Happy customers come back time and time again, by allowing your customers to order at their leisure you will increase their satisfaction and be rewarded with their loyalty.<br />
<br />
</li>
<li>We maintain the system for you in the background, you just enjoy your additional cashflow increase!</li>
</ul>

Apply the class to the <ul> tags a and create your class on the stylesheet.

this on the external css:
.list {color:#807e7e;}

clearer?

d a v e
05-31-2011, 02:30 PM
i just used the simple ul (re)definition at the bottom of the stylesheet and it worked for me - how come not for you?

craftypixel
06-03-2011, 06:06 AM
Ok heres the thing, ive completely new to DW, i mainly work with templates in Joomla.
I am learning this prog from scratch and have put this site together from a template also, I think ive done reasonably well so far but just need to get over this hurdle, your answers are assuming my knowledge level is higher than it actually is.:oops:

Ive highlighted the text i want the style to be applied to this has the <ul.bullet> tag in the bar at the bottom of the window.

How do i in simple terms apply the correct formatting to this? Simple terms please.