PDA

View Full Version : upload error using Dreamweaver CS5... Help please

shark
05-23-2011, 04:31 PM
contacts.html - error occurred - An FTP error occurred - cannot put contacts.html. Access denied. The file may not exist, or there could be a permission problem. Make sure you have proper authorization on the server and the server is properly configured.
Gallery.fla - error occurred - An FTP error occurred - cannot put Gallery.fla. Access denied. The file may not exist, or there could be a permission problem. Make sure you have proper authorization on the server and the server is properly configured.
Gallery.swf - error occurred - An FTP error occurred - cannot put Gallery.swf. Access denied. The file may not exist, or there could be a permission problem. Make sure you have proper authorization on the server and the server is properly configured.
/images - error occurred - Unable to create server folder /images. Access denied. The file may not exist, or there could be a permission problem. Make sure you have proper authorization on the server and the server is properly configured.
index.html - error occurred - An FTP error occurred - cannot put index.html. Access denied. The file may not exist, or there could be a permission problem. Make sure you have proper authorization on the server and the server is properly configured.
link.html - error occurred - An FTP error occurred - cannot put link.html. Access denied. The file may not exist, or there could be a permission problem. Make sure you have proper authorization on the server and the server is properly configured.
picture gallery.swf - error occurred - An FTP error occurred - cannot put picture gallery.swf. Access denied. The file may not exist, or there could be a permission problem. Make sure you have proper authorization on the server and the server is properly configured.
products.html - error occurred - An FTP error occurred - cannot put products.html. Access denied. The file may not exist, or there could be a permission problem. Make sure you have proper authorization on the server and the server is properly configured.
/Scripts - error occurred - Unable to create server folder /Scripts. Access denied. The file may not exist, or there could be a permission problem. Make sure you have proper authorization on the server and the server is properly configured.
Store.html - error occurred - An FTP error occurred - cannot put Store.html. Access denied. The file may not exist, or there could be a permission problem. Make sure you have proper authorization on the server and the server is properly configured.
Team.html - error occurred - An FTP error occurred - cannot put Team.html. Access denied. The file may not exist, or there could be a permission problem. Make sure you have proper authorization on the server and the server is properly configured.

File activity incomplete. 11 file(s) or folder(s) were not completed.

Files with errors: 11
contacts.html
Gallery.fla
Gallery.swf
/images
index.html
link.html
picture gallery.swf
products.html
/Scripts
Store.html
Team.html

mangofreak
05-23-2011, 04:51 PM
I use DWcs4 but sometimes I get similar errors with pdf files that may be open. Dreamweaver doesn't want to load them. Did you have your files open with some other application?
Also, is your directory on your server with the proper write permissions?

shark
05-23-2011, 05:10 PM
i contacted my server provider and they said they could upload stuff but, on my end i can't.
i also do not have any other application open while i was attempting to upload.

this is my first time making a website so i am not sure...

edbr
05-24-2011, 01:46 AM
that it states access denied makes my wonder if the user password are correct.
not sure how you check permissions with dw but why dont you download a free ftp program. I use filezilla. You can then check easily your connection , file/folder permissions

dmaynerd
05-26-2011, 06:04 PM
I have a similar problem which occurred on my trial copy of CS 5.5

I can 'get' the site ok all remote and local looks fine but when I try to 'put' my site home page to the server it says

FTP error 1 file or folder were not completed

Now on my old dreamweaver 3 I have no problems 'put' ting the same file

I contacted my server provider and everything is in order so I think it must be a setting on my CS 5.5 which is wrong.

all usernames and pwords have been checked

DWcourse
06-07-2011, 07:29 AM
I doubt it's a CS5.5 setting but in the Server Setup under more options you can try turning off/on Use Passive FTP and/or Use FTP Performance Enhancement.