PDA

View Full Version : DW CS4 Live View - I can't load Flash plug-in

BarryD
05-20-2011, 10:39 PM
I've installed DW CS4 on a Windows 7 64-bit computer. I don't know if I'm running 32-bit or 64-bit IE (how can I find out?) Another factoid: Adobe Air 2.5 won't install on my machine. This is my question. When I select "Live View" of the page that I'm working on, I get this warning.
"The Flash Plugin was not found. To view Flash content in Live View, install the Netscape/Firefox Flash Plugin from Adobe.com".
I went to Adobe and only found the Flash player. There was no change after I downloaded it. Also, I did not find it in the DW Extension Manager. Do you think this is because I' using DW CS4 with Win 7x64? If I purchase and install DW CS5.5, do you think I'd have the same problem with "Live View"? I'm thinking of upgrading to CS 5.5 but don't want this problem to follow me. Thanks for any help

BarryD
05-21-2011, 06:56 PM
I forgot to mention: I have Norton 360 running; also, the flash player addin, airappinstaller" won't run, whether I run as administrator or not. I have not tried to reinstall after disabling antivirus protection. I've been nosing around and found that some people (http://forums.adobe.com/message/3659097#3659097) can't even install CS5.5. I will do without Live View in DW CS4 until I find out how to load the Flash Plugin. I was ready to buy DW CS5; but, for sure, I won't do it until I try a trial version.

mangofreak
05-21-2011, 09:23 PM
This is just a personal opinion and is not related to your question exactly but I find Norton to be most intrusive application and resource hog. I changed to Kaspersky and I'm much happier. I hear Avira is good, but Kaspersky suits my needs.

I'm still working with DW CS4 and rather than using liveview I use the real browser to test my pages or applications. I find it a better way to check for real results.

BarryD
05-22-2011, 05:03 PM
Thanks for your reply. Yes, I agree that looking at the page in the browser is best, but it requires a file save which I don't always want to do at the time. I'm continuing to investigate

BarryD
05-22-2011, 07:41 PM
Hey - After a few days of head-banging, I found a solution. If you have this problem, see this user group: http://www.highdots.com/forums/macromedia-dreamweaver/dw-cs4-flash-plugin-not-268823.html
The DW message is quite literal; i.e., load the Flash plugin using the Firefox browser. I was downloading Flash using IE9 which failed to do it. Interestingly, the person who posted the solution was using Win XP, so it's not a Win 7x64 problem, at all. For your info, here's an abstract of the post from the link, above:
"I downloaded Firefox. Then from the firefox browser go to the adobe website and download the same flash player. You will notice the the page and the file name are a little different than in IE. Then RESTART your computer ... load dreamweaver and try live veiw again".
I had been meaning to download and use Firefox, and this was the catalyst! My head feels much better now.

mangofreak
05-23-2011, 02:39 AM
Nicely done and many thanks for sharing BarryD.

edbr
05-24-2011, 02:22 AM
off topic but This is just a personal opinion and is not related to your question exactly but I find Norton to be most intrusive application and resource hog. I changed to Kaspersky and I'm much happier. I hear Avira is good, but Kaspersky suits my needs.
i use also agree with this, ialso found some malware with kaspersky that norton had missed completely