PDA

View Full Version : Unable to add form field to old form

judikral
05-19-2011, 09:27 PM
Hi all,

I am using Dreamweaver CS5 (11.0), and just two days ago, I needed to revise a form that I made in CS4. Dreamweaver would not make the form field, that I needed. I tried to make a new form, but that wouldn't work either. I have tried everything I can think of, including trying to delete the WinFileCache-********.dat (which I could not find, doing a search on my hard drive).

Should I un-install and re-install Dreamweaver?

Judi

johnMoss
05-19-2011, 11:36 PM
If you have the old form already in place, and all you need is a new field, can't you just copy & paste your html from another line in the form and just sub in your new criteria?

domedia
05-19-2011, 11:37 PM
I needed to revise a form that I made in CS4. Dreamweaver would not make the form field, that I needed.

Hi Judi! You're basically saying "I tried to do something with a form and it didn't work".
You have to provide much more information than that if anyone would want to help. :)

judikral
05-20-2011, 09:17 PM
domedia: Thank you for your reply. Sorry you didn't understand what I was saying, let me see if I can help you out.

I have a form that I made in an earlier version of Dreamweaver. I wanted to add some additional fields to this form. I did the usual, put the cursor where I wanted the filed to go, then I went to: Insert > Form > Textfield . Nothing happened, I tried this in the Design and Code view.

What I mean by nothing happened, is the cursor just looked at me and blinked and blinked. No field was made.

johnMoss suggested that I cut and paste, which worked, but that would take more time than I want to use.

I tried using another page, still wasn't able to add a form field to the page.

I hope I explained it a bit better. So I was wondering if I have a corrupted cache or config file. Should I un-install Dreamweaver, and re-install it?

Thanks

Judi

domedia
05-21-2011, 09:37 PM
Hi Judi,

Yes that should help indeed.

Does this happen if you're outside the form element, does anyone know?

mangofreak
05-21-2011, 11:49 PM
What happens if you create the form and the fields manually? would DW recognize the code?

What about in code view? is it the same as design view?