PDA

View Full Version : please Help for make Layout Transparent background?

crromwell@gmail.com
05-18-2011, 07:46 AM
hello all members dear

I want to create the main layout background is transparent white! but I don't know how do it !

please show me all information about layout in dreamweaver CS5, creating and edit containg.. including images .. and some important information more ...
the first thing I want to know transparency for a background

thanks

Corrosive
05-18-2011, 08:28 AM
Try this article for some help; http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2008/04/16/getting-creative-with-transparency-in-web-design/

domedia
05-18-2011, 02:01 PM
please show me all information about layout in dreamweaver CS5, creating and edit containg.. including images .. and some important information more ... Dude, are you sure you remembered everything 8) I would start with the built in templates and the 'manual'.

edbr
05-19-2011, 02:16 AM
please show me all information about layout in dreamweaver CS5, creating and edit containg.. including images .. and some important information more ...
why do i keep thinking the answer is 42

TSG
05-22-2011, 06:45 AM
Interesting stuff on PNG's, but it doesn't help me to resolve my first (and only significant) current issue, which is how to lock a text layer on top of an image layer and have the both move in sync, as the browser window is tightened down?

Corrosive
05-22-2011, 08:21 AM
The answer to your question is CSS. Create an HTML tag for your text, set the background as the image layer you want to use with CSS and then type over it. If you want it to expand/contract with the browser window then set a % width on your tag using CSS again.

crromwell@gmail.com
05-22-2011, 06:58 PM
I sloved it, by creating a layer in PhotoShop and I will saved it as PNG Format..
in the photoshop the layout have to be tranparent before saving the file..

thanks all

TSG
05-22-2011, 08:41 PM
From the sound of it, you could have used either of two options, to 'save as' a PNG, or a Compuserve GIF.

FYI; I'm a 'CMYK'-guy, with years of traditional large-format photography experience. The most exciting thing about doing all of this for ourselves is *cutting out the middle-men!* Duh!, my friend Rod called yesterday when he heard I was stuck on my homepage, and he offered to help me for just $100.hr. "We might even have to go into doing stuff in the 'code layer,' said he...

(/duh.duh.duh/ hear the echo?)

Gif's are weird, compared to JPG's. Neither format are always going to work best according to the baseline rules of thumb. Let's say the 'picture' is from an HD video [about 7.5x14"] It's a 14MB -file. How the heck can you anticipate the best web-results when you have to choosee between 'lossy as hell,' and 'shortest load-time possible?'

Ostensibly, CS4 & 5 handle the process of crunching pictures differently, with a much improved method of down-sizing. Although .JPG may be the best know method for continuous-tone, we are suddenly forced to consider other creative solutions, perhaps opting for an 'illustration' instead...

OVERLAY LETTERING, (which we do day in and out for 4C-print,) needs to be hot -linked, which is certainly the main failure in the two preeminent examples seen earlier on this thread. It IS seriously cool that these layers were scaled differently, as if they were building a stage set.