PDA

View Full Version : Window Title not working

BluiSh
05-16-2011, 08:50 PM
Hello Forum

Ive been designing a new site with dreamweaver cs5 and I decided to use frames (3 frames, one for the left, one on the top, and the main one, So I didnt know that I have one file for each frame and a fourth one that i supponse represent all of them, why Dreamweaver is doing this???

And after I write a title in the title field when i tried it in the browser any title appears!!!!!! any solution???

Some guys have been telling me that I avoid frames??? should I really redesign my site and do not use them or....???? what can i Do help!!!!!

Im in a hurry with this site so any advice would be really appreciated or maybe a good book of dreamweaver???

Thanks
BluiSh

gentleone
05-16-2011, 09:57 PM
And after I write a title in the title field when i tried it in the browser any title appears!!!!!! any solution???
That's one of the many drawbacks of using frames. The only title that your visitors/the search engines will see/crawl is the title from your index.html page.
any solution???
Yep... don't use them. Use proper HTML for your content and CSS for styling. Here's a tutorial for beginners:
http://blogs.sitepoint.com/html-css-beginners-guide/

BluiSh
05-16-2011, 11:09 PM
Thank you very much Gentleone!

Im looking right now the tutorial :) , I also like to ask you about any good book you know for Dreamweaver CS5???

Thanks again
Sincerely
BluiSh

BluiSh
05-16-2011, 11:20 PM
By the way Gentleman!

Another question, once that I remove all the frames and everything, How do you make possible to adjust your website to any kind of monitor resolution or computer???

I just enter to your website and loooks very specific and functional, and even if you resize the screen manually all the objects in the inside move to keep the correct proportion??? and that is what i'm looking for too. Do you know any tutorial for this????

Thanks again
Sincerely
BluiSh

DWcourse
05-17-2011, 05:15 AM
Dreamweaver CS5 ships with a number of built-in page layouts. The ones labeled "liquid" adjust to the browser window size.

gentleone
05-17-2011, 09:25 AM
I also like to ask you about any good book you know for Dreamweaver CS5???
No, I don't know any... I never used a book to learn Dreamweaver... There is a help function in DW... that's where I learned to use specific DW functions.

domedia
05-17-2011, 03:16 PM
The Missing Manual comes highly recommended.
Use the link below and support your friendly DW community at the same time 8)
http://www.dreamweaverclub.com/books/shop.php?c=node&n=5&i=1449381812&x=Dreamweaver_CS5_The_Missing_Manual

BluiSh
05-17-2011, 04:19 PM
Thank you Guys for all the info and support!!!
and congratulations for making this forum a very good place of knowledge.

Sincerely
BluiSh