PDA

View Full Version : Editable Region

uneek78
05-16-2011, 07:10 PM
Let us say that I am making a webpage with banner for the header and some type of banner for the footer and after which I am going to save it as a template. When I create a 'editable region', can I just make a big ole editable region through the middle of the header and footer and I will be able to put text, images, and whatever else I think of in that region? Or will I have to make an editable region for each set of items I want to put in between the header and footer?

DWcourse
05-16-2011, 08:13 PM
If the region between the header and footer will be unique for each page then "a big ole editable region" between the header and footer should do it.

The trick is to make only what needs to vary between pages editable. The structure of the page and anything that appears on all pages should be non-editable.

pkwebweaver
05-22-2011, 03:46 PM
Hi Colonel JC,
I am new to the forum thang, and intermediate level when i come to dw and code. I have the dreamweaver template set up just as you sugested for uneek 78. It works great. Now I want to add a user and passwrd login to only one page. So the site is open, except if they go to only one link that shares the template they have to login. I have got my code for the login fields and all but WHERE do i put it within the code. I do not want server based login...its just a protection, if they know the passwrd then thats permission enough. Can you help?????
PKWEBWEAVER

pkwebweaver
05-22-2011, 03:46 PM
Hi Colonel JC,
I am new to the forum thang, and intermediate level when i come to dw and code. I have the dreamweaver template set up just as you sugested for uneek 78. It works great. Now I want to add a user and passwrd login to only one page. So the site is open, except if they go to only one link that shares the template they have to login. I have got my code for the login fields and all but WHERE do i put it within the code. I do not want server based login...its just a protection, if they know the passwrd then thats permission enough. Can you help?????
PKWEBWEAVER

DWcourse
05-24-2011, 06:12 PM
not sure exactly how to answer. What's the code: javascript, php, ???. And where did you get it?