PDA

View Full Version : link not working

marcia
05-14-2011, 05:48 AM
Several questions about this site I am working on, but one at a time. Why is the Print Page link not working. all the others in the menu work.

www.multiplechoicebags.com/studiodianhome.html

edbr
05-14-2011, 06:29 AM
it returns a 404 so the link is not correct check the page is uploaded and the name is correct including upper and lower case

marcia
05-14-2011, 04:05 PM
Thanks, edbr. Just a note to tell you that when I tried it this morning, after not changing anything, it uploaded (less one image). I must have tried it 50 times last night and it wouldn't take. That's what I don't understand. Maybe DW has a mind of its own and sometimes doesn't want to cooperate?
Greetings to Bali—it got a big write up in the NYTimes a few weeks ago and I thought of you.

d a v e
05-14-2011, 05:10 PM
all seems to be there now? i don't see any missing images on the print page

your illustrations page has some broken links though and you need to properly size the images on your 'web' part of the site

oh, and while i'm at it, may i mention that your header background should be a jpeg to more faithfully reproduce the gradient, and your mexico graphic and face graphic (front page) aren't anti-aliased?

DWcourse
05-14-2011, 06:06 PM
Just a note to tell you that when I tried it this morning, after not changing anything, it uploaded (less one image). I must have tried it 50 times last night and it wouldn't take. That's what I don't understand. Maybe DW has a mind of its own and sometimes doesn't want to cooperate?

More likely a bad connection to the server for any of a hundred reasons.

marcia
05-14-2011, 11:52 PM
"Several questions about this site I am working on, but one at a time." from original post. (BTW, how do you get the quote that JC used above?)

Dave, thanks for looking at my entire site. I'm trying new things all the time. I know about the missing links and the problems on the web page. I'm trying new things all the time, and on the web page I tried to use a table, but haven't gotten it to work properly yet. Will probably discard it and just use columns.

I will try the background jpg. Will check out the mexico logo graphic but am not sure which face graphic you are referring to - one on Home pg, the other on illustration pg. On second thought, maybe you are referring to the screen shot of the entire mex Home page?

My biggest problem is how to put and allign multiple images on one page or in one column

DWcourse
05-15-2011, 12:04 AM
(BTW, how do you get the quote that JC used above?)

There's a quote button at the bottom right of each post. It warps the post in quote tags. You can edit what's inside the quote tags.

marcia
05-15-2011, 04:14 PM
Once again, thanks.

d a v e
05-15-2011, 07:19 PM
It warps the post in quote tags.

lol .

edbr
05-16-2011, 02:04 AM
Greetings to Bali—it got a big write up in the NYTimes a few weeks ago and I thought of you.
thank you i heard there was some negative reviews 9i thought time magazine) describing Bali as the holiday from hell, bit surprising to be honest.

marcia
05-18-2011, 01:02 AM
edbr,

Maybe something in time Mag (don't know), but definitely in the NY Times sunday section Top Travel Story. Bali got a very positive review.

edbr
05-18-2011, 03:05 AM
that good to hear. living here im very aware of the craks under the wallpaper but i think tourists get a good deal in general. as for the times mag i didnt read it but it is probably our name that came out of the barrel for a slapping as the media like to do.
After the queensland floods Indonesia gave $1,000,000 to relief funds, and the next day Australia issued a travel warning based on riots . Understandable had there been any. Cant please all the people all the time

marcia
05-20-2011, 04:13 AM
Back to links...(fixed the illustration page)

Now, the menu links for the banner page and website pages don't work in Safari, tho they work in Firefox. Can I change something somewhere? Seems to be written correctly on all the pages. (I had a similar thing happen on another site)

Haven't gotten to the website layout yet - want to clear this up first.

marcia
05-20-2011, 04:19 AM
Back to links...(fixed the illustration page)

Now, the menu links for the banner page and website pages don't work in Safari, tho they work in Firefox. Can I change something somewhere? Seems to be written correctly on all the pages. (I had a similar thing happen on another site)

Haven't gotten to the website layout yet - want to clear this up first.

edbr
05-20-2011, 05:59 AM
not certain but you have <style type="text/css">
<!-- but not closed, so delete the <!-- the page begings to loads but does not display in opera or safari

marcia
05-20-2011, 03:49 PM
It worked! Have I told you lately that you're a genius?

edbr
05-21-2011, 04:05 AM
well that 0ne of us that thinks so . thank you

marcia
05-26-2011, 12:56 AM
hoping this is my last inquiry on links for a while.

I am linking to www.susanschwartzeditor.com on my 'websites' page. The susan website links work in Safari, but not in Firefox, on my Mac computer. It works on my PC tho.

The actual susan website has the same problem (obviously).

Not sure about Internet Exp.

Do you see this as a problem on your computer(s)? If so, what to do?

Cheers,

Marcia

edbr
05-26-2011, 01:55 AM
its all flash movies, mr jobs doesn't approve of them

and Warning: <embed> is not approved by W3C

marcia
05-28-2011, 12:07 AM
Looks like I'm stuck. Most Mac users use Safari, I think, and it works on the Mac IE.

In the meantime, now that the links are all working using the toolbar, the link from 'banners' to 'websites' go to a 404. Solution?