PDA

View Full Version : XML Parsing Error:mismatched tag </body> ?

fender0613
05-13-2011, 10:47 PM
Hello,
Iam failry new to dreamweaver CS5, and have designed a web layout using Fireworks CS5. I have sliced and exported a collection of images into dreamweaver, and have defined my site as well as my main xhtml file (index.xhtml), as well as a created a css file called style.css. I have defined text formats in the cascading style sheet and believe that all the coding is correct. However, when I attempt to preview the page in several different browsers I get an error in firefox:

XML Parsing Error: mismatched tag. Expected: </body>.
Location: file:///C:/Users/Mike/Desktop/HonestJob.com/rootwebpractice/images/index.xhtml
Line Number 27, Column 3:

and a similar error in safari:
error on line 27 at column 7: Opening and ending tag mismatch: body line 0 and div

I dont know what these errors mean, or what I can do to fix them? there doesnt seem to be anything on line 27 except a <div/> tag.

Any help would be greatly appreciated? also wondering why the layout looks so much different in fireworks than it does in dreamweaver?

thanks

mangofreak
05-13-2011, 11:43 PM
I'm not very well versed on XML but as in html the tags have to have an opening and a closing tag.

example a div tag should be:
<div>content</div>

I see that you have one like <div /> I have never seen that kind syntax but I would change it to </div> and make sure all my tags are closed properly.

Cheers.