PDA

View Full Version : Custom-yet-simple Payment Form

kremo5le
05-12-2011, 03:49 AM
Hello guys,

A client of mine is interested in a form that will allow clients to go to it, write their name, invoice they are paying, and amount of money they are paying so she can get paid. I think it is a neat idea but I'm having a hard time getting around how to do it. I know I have 2 options:

OPTION 1

I will need an SSL certificate, the form, and a payment gateway like Authorize.net to work with it.

OPTION 2

I will need a form that works with PayPal but I will still need an SSL for when the users are entering their info on the site.

What are your thoughts about it?

THANKS!

domedia
05-12-2011, 03:26 PM
#3 take them straight to Paypal, no SSL needed.

kremo5le
05-12-2011, 06:55 PM
#3 take them straight to Paypal, no SSL needed.

Hey there! :-D

Yes, I do know this. But, she does not want to rely on PayPal 100% so I would like to get back to her with 2 options, not just one.

What would you do if PayPal was not an option? Or, better yet, what would you do if you had to combine 2 different forms of payment? I know it is silly because PayPal takes everything; from "wood chips" to international payments, but some people just don't like PayPal for whatever reason.

edbr
05-13-2011, 02:02 AM
A client of mine is interested in a form that will allow clients to go to it, write their name, invoice they are paying, and amount of money they are paying so she can get paid. I think it is a neat idea but I'm having a hard time getting around how to do it. I know I have 2 options:

if it is just a notification and not actual payment why not asimple form and mail it? you could use encryption on the mail if you wanted to use more security but just invoice number and amount soesnt seem much risk

kremo5le
05-13-2011, 07:57 PM
if it is just a notification and not actual payment why not asimple form and mail it? you could use encryption on the mail if you wanted to use more security but just invoice number and amount soesnt seem much risk

It is not a notification only. It is an actual payment. Here is how the system will work:

1. My client sends her client a link to her "payment form" where clients that want to use a credit card can pay.

2. Since it is a general form, meaning it does not provide a precise amount of money or their name, all clients go to the same link/page/form.

3. Once clients reach the form, they will see a few fields like name, invoice number, email, amount to pay, and of course their credit card information.

4. They fill out each field and hit "Pay" and the next thing they know is that the payment has gone through, a thank you message pops up, and my client gets notified that she got a payment (and the person paying too).

I hope this is clearer and thank you for your help and time! :-D

edbr
05-14-2011, 02:08 AM
ok if they are using a credit card then you need protection , are you sure about paypal? i thought it was pretty trusted generally. some banks provide payment gateways , you could lokk at your clients bank perhaps

mangofreak
05-14-2011, 03:56 AM
if Playstation got hacked, what makes you think that any payment method would be more secure.

I try to stay away from dealing with credit cards unless they go through some bank or paypal, someone with the infrastructure and means to provide adequate security.

Where does the credit card information go?
"They fill out each field and hit "Pay" and the next thing they know is that the payment has gone through, a thank you message pops up, and my client gets notified that she got a payment (and the person paying too)."

I agree with edbr, check at a bank or someone that provides the service. They generally are insured and can reimburse in case of errors or other contingencies.

Corrosive
05-14-2011, 08:31 AM
3. Once clients reach the form, they will see a few fields like name, invoice number, email, amount to pay, and of course their credit card information.

As the others have stressed. Do not handle credit card info on the client's website. PCI DSS compliance is an expensive minefield!

domedia
05-16-2011, 03:35 PM
If she is concerned with using Paypal, she should use another third party processor like authorize.net.

kremo5le
05-23-2011, 05:57 PM
If she is concerned with using Paypal, she should use another third party processor like authorize.net.

Thank you for your time. The client just decided to not do it but it was a good learning experience. :mrgreen: