PDA

View Full Version : Javascript error message when launching DW

mek113
05-10-2011, 02:40 AM
I'm unexpectedly getting Javascript error messages upon launching Dreamweaver CS3. I've been using DW CS3 for 4 years on almost a daily basis without any problems. I can click through the error message but the next page I open, I get another error message. I'm attaching screen shots.

I ran a complete scan of my computer to search for virus/spyware issues with nothing.

My original installation was part of Creative Suite 3 Design Premium. I'm on Windows XP.

johnMoss
05-10-2011, 05:15 AM
What's the message?

mek113
05-10-2011, 02:56 PM
I attached a screenshot file but it evidently didn't stick.

Error message when launching DW:

The following JavaScript error(s) occurred:
At line 55 of file "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Dreamweaver CS3\Configuration\Shared\Common\Scripts\dwscriptsE xtData.js":Reference Error: dwscripts is not defined.

I can click on through the error message but when opening a file and attempting an action, I get the following message.

The following translators were not loaded due to errors:
Server Model SSI.htm: has configuration information that is invalid.

johnMoss
05-10-2011, 03:23 PM
"dwscriptsE xtData.js"
There is a space between the e and the x here as you have it posted... Is that what you are actually getting as a response; Is this how it is being called in your code? Or just a typo here? If yes, remove the space in the code. If not, then this config file is compromised somehow, and the standard fix is to either rename the file or delete it entirely. My vote is to rename so you don't lose the original (just in case) in which case Dreamweaver is supposed to recreate the file for you and by default repair the problem. I've never done this before so I would ask for someone else here to validate this answer, but for now as long as you don't delete the file, no harm done in experimenting to see what happens....
Toni, to the rescue mate?

mek113
05-10-2011, 06:14 PM
The space is just a typo.

I don't know anything about Javascript and am a little reluctant to just experiment with something unless I know for sure what I need to do. Is this initial error message causing all of the other messages - the second one for example about translators not loading?

DWcourse
05-10-2011, 10:41 PM
Try #4 (Delete FileCache.dat files from the Dreamweaver user configuration folder. ) on this page http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/405/kb405604.html#main_dat

mek113
05-11-2011, 03:05 PM
Deleting the FileCache.dat file worked. Thank you so much for taking the time to reply to my post.