PDA

View Full Version : How uses dreamweaver CS5?

lpre
05-09-2011, 10:05 AM
Hi,
I recently started using Dreamweaver CS5 ( before CS3) and no I'm having problems with the preview function. I would like to know form other CS5 users how the preview function in their DW CS5 in working. If you are a DW CS5 user, could you please respond to this message so I can explain in more detail my problem.
Many thanks,
Luud

lhemmerich
05-09-2011, 02:25 PM
what is the problem

lpre
05-09-2011, 02:50 PM
what is the problem

Hi,
I use preview a lot to see changes I've made in the design of a webpage.
I use external CSS files which are linked in the head of the webpage and I use WAMP as local testenviroment.

When I make a change in the design ( and thus the external CSS file ) I have to manually save this file ( file > Save all related files ) to be able to see the changes with the preview button to start the browser.

And I have to do so for every change I make and that can run up to +100 times a day.

In CS3 however ( I upgraded from CS3 to CS5) I could hit the preview button after I had made design changes and was prompeted:

http://www.cdi-advies.be/img/CS5-probleem.jpg

When I selected Yes to All the browser opens and the desgin changes were visible. But more important, from that point on I can make changes to the css steel sheet, hit the preview button and the browsers shows the changes. So no more manual saving or no more prompts as above.

Do you use CS5 and do you get promted like above when yoy use preview?

DWcourse
05-09-2011, 02:51 PM
And which preview? Preview in Browser or Live Preview?

lpre
05-09-2011, 02:59 PM
And which preview? Preview in Browser or Live Preview?

Preview in browser

DWcourse
05-09-2011, 03:11 PM
Dreamweaver Preferences: Preview in Browser: Check the Preview with temporary file option.

lpre
05-09-2011, 03:20 PM
Dreamweaver Preferences: Preview in Browser: Check the Preview with temporary file option.

I know that is an option, but prefer not to use it. In every folder I make changes too webpages this generates a temperaty file. Therefor I do not prefer this option.

All I want to know is if you get a prompt as show earlier.

JJtheJoker
05-09-2011, 06:09 PM
that helped me with my problem lol, I just upgraded yesterday and thought I was making some serious mistakes:P

lpre
05-09-2011, 07:04 PM
that helped me with my problem lol, I just upgraded yesterday and thought I was making some serious mistakes:P

What doe you mean with "that helped me with my problem lol .."
What kind of problem are you refering to and what did you do to solve the problem?

JJtheJoker
05-10-2011, 06:08 AM
it wasn't loading any of my css files when I went to preview in browser, basically I had a blank page, once I changed the preview with temporary file option it loaded them