PDA

View Full Version : Automatically create new page for users?

FethrdWlf
05-09-2011, 03:10 AM
I have a registration script on my website that will allow users to sign up for posting comments and etc. At this point, all that happens is their username, password, and email are put into a MySQL database. What I would like to do now is also have a new page created for them.

On the root of my server there is a directory called "users". Inside of there, I would like for a new directory and index page to be made whenever someone signs up, in the order of "whatever-their-username-is/index.php". That would be the equivalent of www.youtube.com/user/fethrdwlf (http://www.youtube.com/user/fethrdwlf).

In summary, I need help figuring this out.

mangofreak
05-09-2011, 09:22 PM
Yes...you do :)
You could just create a page with a layout that you desire, pull the user information based on their id and provide with options on how to populate that page.
As I can see, your project is somewhat ambitious.
Good luck!

FethrdWlf
05-10-2011, 12:53 AM
Yes...you do :)
You could just create a page with a layout that you desire, pull the user information based on their id and provide with options on how to populate that page.
As I can see, your project is somewhat ambitious.
Good luck!

That sounds good, but how do you think I could do it so that anyone can view it, like a Youtube channel? Then people could show off their stuff. It's not really a must-have, just curious :-D