PDA

View Full Version : Paypal Question

Ricky55
04-27-2011, 06:56 PM
One of my clients is wanting to see a few items via paypal. I advised against this as I think it looks unprofessional but they just want a cheap / quick way of selling a few items online.

I've created a couple of buttons and a view cart button but they don't work as I want them to.

I want the user to be able to add multiple items to cart before being fired off to paypal, I only want them to see the Paypal site / cart when they have clicked view cart.

At the moment every time an add to cart button is pressed its just taking me straight to the paypal website / cart which is just annoying.

I was just wondering if anyone knows if this is possible with just the Website Standard Package without using their API and a php based basket.

Thanks

Richard

Corrosive
04-27-2011, 07:09 PM
That's how it has always worked for me Rich. I think you'd be looking at the basket option to do much else. The whole thing is a pretty clunky affair as you say.

Ricky55
04-27-2011, 08:28 PM
Aye its not that great at all, I think you're probably right.

If anyone does happen to know different please let me know.

Cheers mate

domedia
04-27-2011, 08:36 PM
I want the user to be able to add multiple items to cart before being fired off to paypal, I only want them to see the Paypal site / cart when they have clicked view cart
This is what's called a shopping cart over here (guessing it means the same as basket in the UK)
https://www.paypal.com/ie/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/xcl/rec/sc-outside

Ricky55
04-28-2011, 03:55 AM
We are talking about the same thing dom I had a really good look through the docs tonight and what I want isn't possible without either using a third party shopping cart or using their own API.

This is fine but i haven't costed for this normally I would cost in the time of a developer to do this but this client wants to keep things cheap.

I have the paypal cart opening in the same browser window now which looks a little better, I can change the look of their cart page a little and I can also throw users back to my clients website following a failed or successful transaction so it might not look too bad.

The success page can also catch the details of the order so that will help to reassure users that all went well.

Thanks for your time lads.

Richard

domedia
04-28-2011, 01:49 PM
I think last time I made a Paypal shopping cart Paypal actually had a list over shopping cart applications that supported Paypal.

EDIT:
Yupp:https://merchant.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=merchant/shopping_cart#

Plenty of options there :)
My only recommendation is NOT to use Zencart lol

Ricky55
04-28-2011, 05:11 PM
Cheers mate. I've shown the Paypal working and they liked it as it was.

They said it worked / looked better than they imagined.

So I'll keep it simple in this case.