PDA

View Full Version : cant use thickbox or ligthtbox inside editable region

aidobeast
04-24-2011, 11:40 PM
ive been developing a website and have run into a problem i cant do anything about. ive made a dwt.php template and put 2 editable regions in it. one it for my blog entry and the other for an optional twitter widget.

when i put thickbox or lightbox inside an editable region it wont load, same with twitter widget... any ideas or insight into editable regions?

Ricky55
04-24-2011, 11:50 PM
Best insight is to not use templates. If your files are already PHP files why not just use includes? Far more flexible and IMO easier to use.

If you really want to stick to DW Templates it will no doubt be a path related issue.

DWcourse
04-25-2011, 12:01 AM
There's no reason that shouldn't be possible in a page made from a template. As Ricky points out the usual issue is getting the paths to the javascript, css and image files correct. And, of course, you'll need to make sure that you add the links to and upload all the javascript, css and image files.

I've got a video of adding colorbox (similar to lightbox) to a template-based page at http://www.dwcourse.com/dreamweaver/colorbox-jquery-slideshow.php