PDA

View Full Version : dreamweaver go to deail page

kontrol
04-19-2011, 07:26 AM
i would be grateful if any one can help with this problem.
i have made a php page that displays user input from a database table called groups. the content from this table include user names retrieved using a hidden fileld. Now with php missing tools dreamweaver extension i want to make the user names links to the profile page of the person who created the group which the details is in anothe r db table by name users.
The problem i face now is the record set when not filtered displays the details of just one person no matter the user name clicked. below is the structure of the tables:

groups
id, group_name, created_by, user_id, first_name, last_name

users
id, first_name, last_name, user_name, contact

thank you

edbr
04-19-2011, 08:09 AM
not aware of the extension but i do see it has its own support http://www.felixone.it/EIP/UDGroup.asp

kontrol
04-19-2011, 09:17 AM
Is what i am trying to possible at at all

edbr
04-19-2011, 09:34 AM
yes it is using php but dreamweaver and its extensions tend to use very heavy code which is a pain to work through

kontrol
04-19-2011, 10:07 AM
would mind to help me with some code please?
example if this is the dynamic text that will serve as the link <?php echo ucfirst($row_groups['created_by']); ?> from a record set named groups and will link to a page to display the group creator's details from the users table like i illustrated earlier.
thank you

edbr
04-20-2011, 01:19 AM
if the link carries the info $row_groups['created_by'] possibly by a $_GET then you can use a select based on that value :select * from groups where created_by =

you will need to make sure that the record exists with that name though