PDA

View Full Version : Header/Footer Height & Width

uneek78
04-19-2011, 12:33 AM
Is their a specific header/footer height and width? When I enter the footer and header I created in Photoshop as a background in Dreamweaver the image of them is too big to fit in the space Dreamweaver gives you for them. I could go back in Photoshop and adjust the sizes, but I don't know what to adjust them too.

I'm so confused with this darn header and footer stuff. Dreamweaver is definitely a far cry from iWeb. :( I'm not understanding why Dreamweaver makes some things rocket science that iWeb just easily does. Yes yes....I understand the capabilities are much better than iWeb, but I needed to vent. Lol!!!!

johnMoss
04-19-2011, 12:41 AM
There is never a specific height or width; but recommended width is an open debate and as time goes on you can safely make your pages wider... Dreamweaver is an editor and clearly your going to have space limitations in light of all the tools at hand. Your confusion will end once you begin to grasp the use of CSS in styling your pages, and if you haven't done that yet, you've some work to do before you can start in on Dreamweaver. It'll be a tad overwhelming until you do....
Shop around in the tutorials section of this site, you'll find a wealth of helpful counsel... G' luck...8)

domedia
04-19-2011, 12:44 PM
You should start learn how to code right away. Dreamweaver is a tool for web designers. It does not make you a web designer.