PDA

View Full Version : Form will validate on Computer, not on the web?

Panthers65
04-13-2011, 03:57 PM
Greetings everyone, First time poster/PHP user.

I created a semi-basic form for work using CS3 that has a combination of drop down boxes, text fields, and text areas, all with SPRY validation (this is for our internal use, so all fields have to be filled out before the form can go through). Once everything was done I can hit F12 to preview it on my computer and the validation works fine (I click submit with all the fields blank and the page kicks back to me saying "A Value is required" or "Please Select an Item".

However, when I upload the site to godaddy along with the FormToEmail.php file, the form will send me an email regardless of the fields being filled in or not. I figured since it works on my computer, but not on the internet, there was something wrong with my .php coding. Copied and pasted my .php code in the txt file below, any help would be appreciated!

edbr
04-14-2011, 02:36 AM
pleas post the code rather than have to download a file

DWcourse
04-14-2011, 03:02 AM
If you have Spry Validation you also need to upload a number of js and css files that are in your Spry Assets folder. If it still doesn't work I'd double check that the links to your js and css are correct (and don't start with file:///)

Panthers65
04-14-2011, 12:47 PM
If you have Spry Validation you also need to upload a number of js and css files that are in your Spry Assets folder. If it still doesn't work I'd double check that the links to your js and css are correct (and don't start with file:///)

I love easy answers, I kept uploading the entire site and didn't realize Dreamweaver wasn't registering my SpryAssets folder and uploading it with the rest. Manually created a SpryAssets folder and uploaded the 6 files and all is good now, Thanks!