PDA

View Full Version : Preview problem dreamweaver CS5

lpre
04-13-2011, 12:11 PM
Hi,
Recently I upgraded form DW CS3 to DW CS5.
for local server I use WAMP ( windos 7).

When using preview in CS3, and I had made changes in HTML code and/or external CSS file, DW prompted the following:
http://www.cdi-advies.mxt.nl/images/CS5-probleem.jpg

After selecting Yes to all, all relevant files (that had been altered) were automatically saved and preview showed the correct page in the browser.

In DW CS5 however, when I click Preview, the above prompt does not show, and the browser shows the 'old' webpage. Now I have to save all relevant files manually. Then clicking preview. Furthermore I have to repeat this manual saving for every change I make in the external CSS files. And that might run up to more than +100 times on a day.

In DW CS3 I had only to choose once Yes to all, and that was it. Every change I made from that point on, was shown correct in the browser after clicking Preview everytime.

Can anyone confirm the above promt using DW CS5 and local testserver?
many thanks in advance.

DWcourse
04-13-2011, 02:12 PM
In Dreamweaver Preferences under Preview in Browser make sure Preview with file is unchecked.

lpre
04-13-2011, 02:21 PM
Thanks for your reply.
Preferences > Preview using temporary files is unchecked.

What version of DW you run? What happens when you hit preview after altering lay-out ( with external CSS file and linked in the head of you webpage).?

DWcourse
04-13-2011, 02:42 PM
What version of DW you run? What happens when you hit preview after altering lay-out ( with external CSS file and linked in the head of you webpage).?

If I have altered an attached style sheet, when I attempt to preview I am prompted that:

Some files needed to accurately preview this page have been modified but not saved. Save them now?

No Yes