PDA

View Full Version : Help Please

johnamance
04-11-2011, 04:30 PM
I have a website that needs help. I had it developed for me and I have been editing it in dreamweaver, but I have a submit form that I cant find where the info goes. Can someone look at the coding, or website and try to help this noob. Thank you,

www.caliberroofs.com (http://www.caliberroofs.com)

<form action="/capture.weblead" method="post" name="contact" id="contact" onsubmit="MM_validateForm('Name','','R','Phone','','R','Emai l','','RisEmail','Address','','R','Comments','','R ');return document.MM_returnValue">
<input type="hidden" name="redirect" value="contact_success.html" />
<h3>Contact Us</h3>
<ul>
<li>
<label>NAME:</label>
<input name="Name" type="text" id="Name" />
</li>
<li>
<label>PHONE:</label>
<input name="Email" type="text" id="Email" />
</li>
<li>
<label>EMAIL:</label>
<input name="Phone" type="text" id="Phone" />
</li>
<li class="textarea">
<label>QUESTIONS &amp; CONCERNS:</label>
<input name="comments" type="text" class="textarea" id="comments" />
</li>
</ul>
<input type="hidden" name="redirect" value="contact_success.html"/>
<input type="hidden" id="trap" name="_yodleST" value="initVal" />
<input name="Submit" type="submit" class="submit_btn" onclick="document.getElementById('trap').value='x537hd'" value="Submit Form" />
</form>

johnMoss
04-11-2011, 04:41 PM
Can you define that a little further? Where what goes? What are you needing to do exactly?

johnamance
04-11-2011, 04:44 PM
The Name, email, phone and notes that the people input goes somewhere. I think to Yodle still, but I need them to be emailed to me.

johnMoss
04-11-2011, 05:23 PM
You are correct, it's being sent off to the Yodle servers... Easiest thing to do here is simply rebuild the form in dreamweaver...

johnamance
04-11-2011, 05:30 PM
I was afraid you would say that. It's on 15 or so different pages. I am also not sure how to do it. Thank you for your help.

Corrosive
04-11-2011, 05:44 PM
It is not as big a task as you think if you apply logic to it.

You are going to need to find a form2mail script (tutorial here if it helps; http://www.dreamweaverclub.com/dreamweaver-php-form.php) to handle sending the mail.

Then you should just need to use Dreamweaver's 'find & replace' function on this code;

form action="/capture.weblead"

and replace with whatever you name your PHP script.

Shouldn't be too hard if you can get your head round the PHP.

johnMoss
04-11-2011, 09:16 PM
In furtherance you should expect your webhost to also have some prefab scripts for you....