PDA

View Full Version : template location change

sbooder
04-11-2011, 11:32 AM
Hi All,
new here but not to DW. I have been using CS4 for a while and have had little problem until now.

I have just finished a new site and have to locate the files in an htdocs folder on the remote. I have put the entire site on the local site into an htdocs folder too so I can sync, if I do not it puts file uploads outside the remote htdocs.

When I dropped the site on the local side into the htdocs folder it ran itís usual update site including template folder, but now when I go to create a page from template in New Documents, it shows no templates in the template window.

Would any of you more learned people know what I have done wrong please?

Kind regards,
Simon.

DWcourse
04-11-2011, 11:50 PM
You're going about it the wrong way. You don't want to change the info on your local site. You want to change the server setup in you Site Definition. You need to insert /htdocs/ into the Host Directory field of the Remote Info tab of the Site Definition dialog.

sbooder
04-12-2011, 06:10 AM
Thanks for the reply. I remembered about half an hour after posting what I did wrong, exactly what you say. Ooh do I feel an idiot. What used to be second nature became a chore!

Thanks for your help.

Simon.