PDA

View Full Version : Question about Repeated region

butterfamily
04-11-2011, 09:54 AM
Does anybody know whether is it possible to set up a repeated region when the site is already been completed without using template?

I got a client's website that has been built without using template and repeated region so I'm just wondering whether there is a way to set repeated regional on all the masthead and footer for the site and how?

thanks in advanced.
cheers.

johnMoss
04-11-2011, 03:15 PM
One can script this in as a call, but it's a bad idea that I would think would dramatically worsen your page load speeds. Better to bite the bullet & go ahead & create the template system yourself. I've had to do this on a relatively small site, but it was tantamount to a cut & paste routine that got easy & fast after the 5th page... (& billable to boot!:-D )

butterfamily
04-11-2011, 09:10 PM
Thanks John.

DWcourse
04-12-2011, 12:46 AM
Are you talking about Repeating Regions as Dreamweaver uses the term? In that case they are a function of a template.

However if you are just trying to same masthead and footer on all your pages you could also use php includes. In either case you're going to have to edit each page to make it work.

butterfamily
04-12-2011, 04:09 AM
Yes. I was referring to the repeating region set in dreamweaver. I can't use it unless i want to recreate all the pages by setting up a template as the site has already been built without using a template now.

cheers.

edbr
04-12-2011, 04:41 AM
how big is this site?

butterfamily
04-12-2011, 09:07 PM
about 30 pages.

edbr
04-13-2011, 07:17 AM
big pot of coffee and use includes. thats what i would do anyway