PDA

View Full Version : Font Options

tony09uk
04-06-2011, 08:28 PM
I have my home page how I want except for the font. The Majority is ok, but I would like the heading to be a little more unique, but I don't want to add an image to get the unique look. Is there any other way to achieve a range of font options that would be available on other peoples computers?

gentleone
04-06-2011, 08:40 PM
Use @font-face in your css.
Font Squirrel has quite a big collection of web fonts and their @font-face generator is a handy tool to generate the @font-face declaration for your CSS.
http://www.fontsquirrel.com/

tony09uk
04-07-2011, 08:47 AM
will it be able to be viewed the on users screen, even if they don't have my chosen font?

gentleone
04-07-2011, 11:03 AM
The generator also generates 4 different font types for the different browsers. You upload these fonts to your server, so the fonts will be loaded from your server and not from someones local machine.

I make a separate folder for them called 'fonts', but you can also choose to upload them to your 'css' folder. Whatever you choose just make sure the path in your css file to them is right.

Ricky55
04-07-2011, 01:22 PM
Its great font squirrel you can't really go far wrong using either one of their packages or their generator.

I also create a folder called fonts, keeps it nice and clean that way.