PDA

View Full Version : Having Link Problems

davie_b1972
04-06-2011, 12:01 AM
Hi All,

Im creating my first website and im having some issues with hyperlinking.

I started with the home page, but when i preview it on a browser the edges have a border around them, but when i edited them in photoshop there were no borders at all.

Any ideas?

Ive also noticed the resolution in the images isnt as good when i view them on the browser but looks perfect in dreamweaver!!

Davie

DWcourse
04-06-2011, 12:20 AM
by default links (including image links) have a border around them in HTML (not just Dreamweaver). Ideally you should use CSS to remove it.

a {
border: none;
}

http://www.w3schools.com/css/pr_border.asp

davie_b1972
04-06-2011, 01:12 AM
Ahhh great i know nothing about CSS!!

Ive noticed my images dont seem to be as crisp in the browser either :-(

DWcourse
04-06-2011, 02:06 AM
Ahhh great i know nothing about CSS!!

It's time to learn if you're serious about building web sites.

BTW, in Dreamweaver, if you select the link image, in the Properties Inspector there is a field labeled Border. Type a 0 into that field. That will insert a border="0" html attribute in the img tag that will also take the border away. It's not a currently accepted best practice but it works.

Ricky55
04-06-2011, 06:10 PM
Yeah your first method was best DW as inline style only works on a per image basis as you suggested.

DWcourse
04-06-2011, 06:24 PM
Yeah your first method was best DW as inline style only works on a per image basis as you suggested.

Yeah, I know. But I figure some people will only build one site and they just need to get it working. Sometimes "it works" is good enough.:roll:

Ricky55
04-06-2011, 07:18 PM
Yeah I know what you mean.