PDA

View Full Version : can't import word?

curly
04-04-2011, 08:00 PM
Hi I have had this problem before and have not had any answers to why I cannot import word documents . i am currently using CS5 and would appreciate any help. Here is a screenshot below as an attachment.

Ricky55
04-04-2011, 08:18 PM
You can't import Word documents directly into Dreamweaver, well not to my knowledge you can't.

I guess you could convert your word doc into HTML and then open that but why would you want to do this? You'll just end up with a complete mess.

Your best bet would be to just copy out of word your text and import into a plain text editor to strip out all of the formatting then copy and paste into Dreamweaver a paragraph at a time using code view.

<p>Paste your paragraph here</p>

edbr
04-05-2011, 01:13 AM
actually there is a import word under files and a clean up worg HTML function in commands. having said that ive never used them and always use a word editor as rick suggested

curly
04-05-2011, 08:20 AM
Thanks for the replies I was going off the Adobe website and Lynda.com
eg= http://tv.adobe.com/watch/learn-dreamweaver-cs4/getting-started-04-adding-text-and-images/ They say that you can drag and drop your word files from the files panel, which I can't. I cannot copy and paste from Microsoft Works but can if I use an older version of Word!
Geoff

edbr
04-05-2011, 08:30 AM
look at your code view though as word has a lot of uneeded code with it thin about filtering it so to speak by copy paste into notepad, then style it in dreamweaver as you want it

curly
04-05-2011, 09:50 AM
Thanks I will do that in future. Geoff

DWcourse
04-05-2011, 01:58 PM
And don't forget menu Command>Clean Up Word HTML (the fact that that even exists should tell you something).

You might also want to check you Copy/Paste settings in Dreamweaver's Preferences.