PDA

View Full Version : file upload with order numbers

datura19
03-30-2011, 09:15 PM
hi,

I'm not fantastic with dreamweaver and I desperately need help. I want to set up a system where a customer can select a service from my site, upload a file and pay. I want an order number to be generated so that its easy for me to see which customer ordered and paid for what. if anyone can help I would really really appreciate it.

thanks

c

DWcourse
03-30-2011, 10:15 PM
You're going to need to get beyond Dreamweaver to accomplish this. Realistically, you're going to need to hire someone.

johnMoss
03-31-2011, 04:07 AM
Typically, how big are the files you are anticipating they will upload? Is this artwork?

domedia
03-31-2011, 02:39 PM
datura, as others have said. you need to know both the front end and the back end technologies to make this work.

datura19
04-03-2011, 03:49 PM
Typically, how big are the files you are anticipating they will upload? Is this artwork?

I will probably want to cap it at around 5 or 6 meg i think. My website is a photoshopping/restoration site, obv im much better with PS than DW. All i basically need really is that the customer can upload their file, put in their name and email address and a description of what they want and then on my end a folder is created with this information so that i can edit the photo and send it back to the right person. The next page would be the payment page (i've no problem with setting this up) If there was a way that the upload could be delayed until payment or the upload folder for the order was deleted if they didnt complete payment that would be really helpful too. I know i'm asking a lot for help with this but I can't seem to find out how to do this anywhere and I would really appreciate the help.

Ricky55
04-04-2011, 02:59 PM
You can use PHP to support the upload of files to a folder on your server. A simple form can handle this and the other information that you need. Regarding payment you could use Paypal or something.

I do see why you need to delay, just have a message on your form that states that work on images will only be carried out once payment has been received or use a deposit system if you find people don't want to hand over payment in full up front.

You need to search for PHP forms with file uploads you'll find loads of forms / scripts that can do this.

Or pay someone to help you.

Thanks

Richard

datura19
04-04-2011, 03:15 PM
thanks, i managed to find a php form to email thing so that all the details I need get emailed to my work email which is great.I wish there was a way that I could ensure that customers are paying for exactly the right service, all it means is I will have to check the email database against paypal. Not too much hassle.