PDA

View Full Version : Coding Problems

JJT
03-29-2011, 06:48 PM
I'm sure this is something simple, I just am not seeing it to figure out what I am doing wrong. Things are just not lining up correctly on my home page. It is really bad in FF but on my computer in IE everything looks great, but the client looks at it in IE on his computer & the visa/mc logo is underneath the GE Money logo (it should be on top).

http://www.all-autorepair.com

Also, don't know how important it is, but the coding for the video was given to me and it does not validate, how important is that?

Thanks so much for your help.:)

gentleone
03-29-2011, 07:16 PM
There's indeed a lot going wrong on that page and I don't want to offend you, but you're far from ready to do clients work.

You really have to take quite some steps backwards and learn simple things like CSS box modal, CSS positioning (normal flow and the use of floats), block level elements and inline elements. Without this basic knowledge you really don't know what effect elements has to each other which result in pages like this.

JJT
03-29-2011, 07:28 PM
Well, I know the truth can hurt but I do understand, that's all apart of learning! I will take your advise - Thank You!