PDA

View Full Version : Dreamweaver Advice

Cherry2882
03-23-2011, 03:59 PM
Hi Guys

I really need some advice please, I created this website for a friend www.perceptionsgb.co.uk (http://www.perceptionsgb.co.uk/) , however, I canít seem to figure out how to bring the blue in line with the black, hope that makes sense. Basically instead of being a blue box in a black void, I would like it to be black, blue (with pictures text), black ideally to fit any size screen. How do I go about doing this? It is probably something very obvious, I only did an intermediate course in Dreamweaver and basically taught myself (the teacher wasnít very good), so I am really stuck on this!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you
Cherry!

DWcourse
03-23-2011, 04:38 PM
Are you trying to center the layout on the page? If so that's what I'm seeing.

Also, is it safe to assume you basically exported this design from Photoshop or Firefox. That's really not a good way to design web pages if you plan on doing more web work. You need to learn to create pages without tables (use div tags positioned with CSS).

Cherry2882
03-23-2011, 04:45 PM
Are you trying to center the layout on the page? If so that's what I'm seeing.

Also, is it safe to assume you basically exported this design from Photoshop or Firefox. That's really not a good way to design web pages if you plan on doing more web work. You need to learn to create pages without tables (use div tags positioned with CSS).

Hi there, thank you for your response,

Yes I would like to center it however, with a black background and a blue square in the middle with pictures or text that is already in the blue table. I didnt export this design from photoshop or firefox, I created it in dreamweaver, but yes i did use tables, as this is what I was taught to do.

I doubt Ill be doing any more web work but thanks for the tip! I find it somewhat frustrating..
Thanks

DWcourse
03-23-2011, 04:50 PM
Can you make an image of what you're after and post it?

Cherry2882
03-23-2011, 05:07 PM

Hope this works, a very rough idea of what I mean.

Thanks for your help. :)

Ricky55
03-23-2011, 08:40 PM
What browser are looking at this in?

In Chrome it looks as per your sketch.

edbr
03-24-2011, 01:10 AM
firefox also

Cherry2882
03-24-2011, 10:15 AM

I am looking in both firefox and internet explorer and its looks like this. A blue box in a black void?? How weird.

Any thoughts?

Thank you
Cherry :)

DWcourse
03-24-2011, 04:28 PM
which versions of FF and IE and what's your OS?

Cherry2882
03-24-2011, 04:54 PM
Yeah....I dont know what any of that means? Sorry can you break that down for me please?

:mrgreen:

Ok I know what they mean now, Ill need to check my computer when I go home. Thanks

Cherry2882
03-25-2011, 11:42 AM
FF is 3.6.11 and IE 8, Os is Windows Vista