PDA

View Full Version : Please help w/ Paypal buttons & Dreamweaver

Xmasbaby
03-15-2011, 04:43 PM
Hello all! I'm new here .. just found this forum through a search. I'm hoping someone can help me ... I'm going nuts! I am working in Dreamweaver. The site is all built out. I just wanted to go in and add two Paypal buttons. Sounds simple enough, right? Well I took the code right from Paypal - added it in, previewed it in IE - and it looks fine, so I upload it to the site, and on the live site, it does not work?? I need someone to please take a look and tell me what I'm doing wrong. I can't figure out why it is working in the preview but not on the live site??? Right now, I only have one of the Paypal buttons added. Here is the website: www.centsablebookkeeping.com (http://www.centsablebookkeeping.com)

The button is supposed to allow you to choose from the dropdown menu and pay that set amount. I am getting a Paypal error from the live site ... but some people have successfully paid through this button, so I cannot figure it out. Can someone please help me? Anyone???

gentleone
03-15-2011, 04:49 PM
I don't get an error in Firefox on the Mac. I get redirected to PayPal to finish the payment. What does your error say?

Xmasbaby
03-15-2011, 04:58 PM
Do you see a page that says the amount you chose from the dropdown (like $45, etc.?) It seems to be working for some people ... BUT on IE I get an error page from Paypal ... it says this:

Sorry your last action could not be completed

If you were making a purchase or sending money, we recommend that you check both your PayPal account and your email for a transaction confirmation after 30 minutes.
If you came to this page from another website, please return to that site (don't use your browser's Back button) and restart your activity.
If you came from PayPal's website, click the PayPal logo in the upper-left corner to return to our home page and restart your activity. You might have to log in again.

Xmasbaby
03-15-2011, 05:46 PM
Okay here is the problem ... I am trying to add two Paypal buttons to a website using Dreamweaver. Here are the buttons working properly on this test page ... http://phantomphleece.com/test.html

Now, when I take this same exact code and try to add it to another website - the code gets jumbled somehow. Here is the page with one of the buttons: http://www.centsablebookkeeping.com/ This works for some people, but I am getting an error on the live site from IE (on my PC) ... the error is:
Sorry your last action could not be completed

If you were making a purchase or sending money, we recommend that you check both your PayPal account and your email for a transaction confirmation after 30 minutes.
If you came to this page from another website, please return to that site (don't use your browser's Back button) and restart your activity.
If you came from PayPal's website, click the PayPal logo in the upper-left corner to return to our home page and restart your activity. You might have to log in again.

Can anyone please help me??? I really need to get these Paypal buttons up and running on the live site today! Thank you!!

Xmasbaby
03-15-2011, 05:50 PM
Here is another post I made: removed

... this post has a link to a test page (where the buttons are working correctly)

Eddie85
06-02-2011, 01:38 AM
I am also having the same problem with posting a Paypal button on my website using Dreamweaver and do not know what to do; I have been searching online to try and find a solution to the problem and have found that I have to download an extension program of some kind but not sure what.

The live website is www.theDWA.com/shop.html (http://www.theDWA.com/shop.html) that I need help with, any help would greatly be appreciated.

johnMoss
06-02-2011, 01:59 AM
Ed, OK to answer Eddie85's post here or transfer to new thread?

Xmasbaby
06-02-2011, 12:21 PM
The only thing I found out (right from PayPal) is that Internet Explorer 8 is not yet compatible with the Paypal buttons/coding. That was why I was having issues in IE but things were working fine in other browsers and testing fine in Dreamweaver.