PDA

View Full Version : editing dreamweaver templates

nairaboy
03-14-2011, 02:44 PM
hi, if i got a template from template monster or anyother template source, edit the template to my specification and then use it, will i be breaching any sort of copyright.

I was thinking as long as i have all my info in the site and removed the old one it should be okay

Am a newbie and am sure this is a newbie question (sorry)

any help will be much appreciated

Corrosive
03-14-2011, 03:27 PM
Hi & welcome to the forum. Any template site will have licensing terms so check those out as to how much you can use/change/publish. Here is Template Monster's for starters; http://www.templatemonster.com/license_faq.php

nairaboy
03-14-2011, 04:55 PM
Hi & welcome to the forum. Any template site will have licensing terms so check those out as to how much you can use/change/publish. Here is Template Monster's for starters; http://www.templatemonster.com/license_faq.php

thanx for your help. just another question. its seems you can use the template customised on a one time use agreement. if i was given a template that 20 other people have, i guess the one time rule goes out the window or does it not matter?

Corrosive
03-14-2011, 05:01 PM
thanx for your help. just another question. its seems you can use the template customised on a one time use agreement. if i was given a template that 20 other people have, i guess the one time rule goes out the window or does it not matter?

No, shouldn't matter. That 'one time use' is specific to you. It is to try and stop you buying a template and tweaking bits and then reselling it to clients. If you are buying for your use only then you can edit and publish within the license terms.

DWcourse
03-14-2011, 05:03 PM
Actually, you are licensing the template for one-time use by you. That doesn't prevent the owner from also licensing the template to someone else for their use. So, no, the fact that 20 other people have also licensed the template doesn't change your right to use it once time in any way.

nairaboy
03-14-2011, 05:12 PM
Thank you all for your fast helpful responses, I think am really gonna like this forum

Corrosive
03-14-2011, 06:06 PM
Thank you all for your fast helpful responses, I think am really gonna like this forum

You are welcome :mrgreen: